26. Release Your Grip

The Virginia state police showed up to Noah's door a few days later unexpectedly with a warrant to search his property.

They knew at this late date that their chances of finding anything was slim, but they had to try and look anyway just for some peace of mind.

Noah had no previous record and seemed like such an every day guy. He was healthy, and had fame and fortune.

Why would somebody like him, want to commit such a terrible crime on two innocent people and an unborn baby?

While the cops searched his house, they talked him in to coming down to the station for some questioning. He inclined he had nothing to hide and seemed extremely calm, more than willing to talk to them and answered all of their questions smoothly, thinking he was three steps ahead of them. Him and Bekka had solidified a story that they would both stick to it if ever were suspected. At this late date, both of them deliriously thought they were off the hook for the stabbings.

Noah rode with them to the station, acting casual as if he was hanging out with some friends. He thought he was slick not knowing that they had offered Bekka a plea deal a few days prior.
The deal was, if she gave a confession, she couldn't get the death penalty for the purposeful car accident in which winter died. However, she had to be willing to give them a name on who she hired to do the deed.

Bekka was extremely selfish and jumped at the opportunity. She was truly obsessed with Will. She had only used Noah to trick him into committing the crime thinking she would be off the hook, but they still charged her with conspiracy to commit a murder. On top of all of her other charges, they knew she had no chance of ever getting out of prison.

It turned out her Noah had a sexual affair for a few months. Bekka had a mental hold on him, and claimed that Noah said he loved her and would do anything for her. However, Bekka was extremely manipulative and toyed with Noah's intelligence. She lied and convinced him that Will was an ex and was extremely abusive to her. She told Noah he was making her life a living hell and harassing her. Meanwhile, Bekka was actually both clinically psychotic and a pathological liar. In reality, all it came down to us she was upset that Will was with Charlotte and not her. Her insane jealousy in addition to her mental illness was a terrible mix.
Noah personally never witnessed any proof of Will harassing her, but he took her word for it, just a narcissistic ticking time bomb himself. He put on a certain demeanor in the spotlight, but deep down he was a monster too. This was his way to take his rage out on someone like he's always fantasized about. It was also a way for him to prove his love to Bekka, a win-win.

He would do anything for Bekka, even if she asked him to drive a knife through an innocent man and a pregnant woman with which he had no personal issues.
_____________________________

They interrogated Noah, for hours. He never showed any emotions about the accusations of him breaking into Charlotte and Will's apartment that night. He repeatedly denied it, and then refused to talk, asking for a lawyer. Legally, they couldn't proceed with questioning at this point.

However, while searching Noah's house, they found many potential weapons that they took in for testing. He collected knives and swords and they had a feeling any of them could have been used at the crime scene. They also found four cheap phones in a random drawer in his room. All of them had the batteries out of them, but they could easily retrieve batteries to test the evidence.

Detective D'Angelo kept Charlotte informed over the next couple days as he traveled down to Virginia to try and take over this case so he could get in some questioning with Noah and link him back to that night.

It would be an extensive process that Charlotte had to endure, wanting so badly to be able to tell Will that they might have finally found the guy. Will wasn't allowed to make phone calls this early in his process.

Even though she yearned for Will, she was lucky she wasn't completely alone in this. She had the band mates of Will's that were really her friends too, and she still had Krys. However, Charlotte was completely disturbed she thought this man was her also had friend, and had been alone with him repeatedly over the last two years. She trusted him enough to let him comfort her when she cried for Will, and her daughter. He consoled her this entire time  knowing it was him in their room that night. She still vividly remembered feeling the liquid fire as he slit her wrists while he looked her in to her eyes. He knew she was pregnant and harmed her anyway. He had no regard for human life.

When the media broke, she received a huge inpouring of supportive messages from former fans of Noah's and fans of Lorna Shore's that were in on the loop and following the news. An official public apology from the guys of Bad Omens was released on behalf of their former band member, ending all ties with him.

As almost as if it were god-sent, after extensive testing, they were lucky enough to match one of Noah's knives to the description of Will's knife wound descriptions that were recorded. It also matched the recorded description of Charlotte's injuries.

Noah was officially charged with attempted murder and conspiracy to commit murder as he was just doing what Bekka told him to and it wasn't a one man job. This piled on to his charges from New Jersey of attempted rape and assault and battery.

Charlotte was elated with the news that he would finally pay for what he did in his part to harm them ....but it also sent her back into a depressive state, knowing all of this wouldn't bring her baby and her happy life back.

She returned home knowing that Noah and Bekka were both detained and she might possibly be able to relax, knowing they weren't able to harm her anymore.

She spent a few days in her room, just sad, longing for her precious life before she ever met Noah.