44. Gazing Upon This World

Charlotte and Will got an early head start so they could enjoy as much alone time as possible. They were heading to a really nice campsite in Pennsylvania and it wasn't too far of a hike, but just far away enough for their weekend getaway.

On the two hour ride there, they listened to music and enjoyed each others company during the small road trip. They drove the scenic route through the mountains. They even stopped for an early lunch at a cute little cafe that looked like a cozy cabin.

Once they got to the campsite, they got to work and Charlotte helped Will put their tent up. Will had been camping plenty of times and automatically knew how to do it but Charlotte was there for moral support!

Once it was finally pitched, Charlotte giggled at how much space they had inside.

"You're so extra," she joked. It was only the two of them but Will bought them a 12 person tent. Compared to some other couples around them, their tent was a mansion. They had more than enough space for all their stuff.

"Babe if we're going to do this, we're REALLY gonna fucking do this." He smirked playfully  and started to pump up their air mattress for later on so they wouldn't have to worry about it.

Charlotte just grinned and started to help him unpack the car and set up their area for the next couple days. The sun was shining and the weather was warm and perfect.

"I really want to go kayaking tomorrow." Charlotte suggested cracking open an iced tea from their cooler.

"Whatever the lady wants, she gets!"

Will knew at this campground they had kayak rentals and he honestly loved doing outdoorsy things whenever he got the chance since he was raised as more of a city boy.
As soon as they got settled in, Will convinced Charlotte to go for a walk in the woods to go exploring.

They walked hand in hand for a while just taking in their beautiful surroundings. The different shades of green against the blue sky looked almost like a painting, with gleams of the sun streaming through all the branches. It was so tranquil and all they could hear were the birds chirping or the occasional chipmunk scurrying through the leaves on the ground next to them. Charlotte felt like she could stay here all day.

They didn't feel the need to say a lot, just happy with each others presence.
They hiked through for a bit until they came across a ledge. They went and walked to the edge and over looked the scenery of the forest. Will continued to hold Charlotte's hand admiring the organic beauty of the earth surrounding them below.

"Look. It's Bambi."Will whispered noticing a deer not too far away, drinking water from a nearby creek. Charlotte decided it would be a nice time to take a break and she sat down on the giant rock formation they were standing on.
Will did the same. He was also a little more daring and let his long legs dangle over the side.

They watched the deer in its natural element until it suddenly looked up and scurried off. They heard some laughter and saw these two, middle-aged men walking through the forest on a trail in the distance.
A devilish smirk started to form on Wills face and Charlotte narrowed her eyes at him.

"....what are you thinking?" She asked knowing him all too well.

"Come here." Will stood and helped her up and he pulled her behind some trees wanting to tease these poor, innocent people.

All of a sudden, super loudly, Will started doing what he did best. He started to make his demonic noises. Snarls, snorts and growls. His projected voice carried and echoed throughout the calm forest.

Charlotte covered her mouth with both hands trying not to laugh and ruin it. Even though the men were at a far distance she didn't want to be heard or spotted.

Her and Will locked eyes trying to stifle their laughter when they heard one guy scream.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!"

The two men paused in their tracks looking around absolutely terrified.

Will waited a minute until he knew he wasn't going to laugh, then let out another aggressive snarl and followed up with a screeching pig squeal that sounded like it was straight out of someone's nightmares.

"FUCK THIS!" The other one screamed and started booking it, leaving his friend in the dust.
Right after, they saw the other man run off as fast as he could.

Charlotte couldn't hold it in anymore and she bursted out cackling. She was convinced those dudes definitely had to have peed themselves.

Will began laughing along with her, with watery eyes, completely losing it.

"Oh man! That was so fucking good!"
Will howled and held his side. Charlotte giggled and put her hand over her stomach, her abs on fire.

"You're AWFUL!" She pushed his arm playfully and they started heading back.

"I'm going to be really disappointed if they don't report a potential lurking Sasquatch on the news tomorrow."

Charlotte shook her head still trying to catch her breath occasionally not able to hold back a chuckle.

"You're crazy," she looked over and smiled at him admiringly. She loved that she married such a silly, funny man who could make her laugh until her stomach hurt. It made him even more attractive to her, which she didn't really know was possible.

"Well, you're stuck with me forever, so...sucks to suck." He shrugged jokingly and reached over tangling his fingers with hers.

"Doesn't sound like much of a punishment but okay. You promise?" She grinned.

"Promise." He brought her hand to his lips and kissed it gently approaching their campsite. Charlotte melted thinking this trip away was exactly what they needed.

They planned on keeping their phones off and staying away from social media until they got home in a couple days.

However, throughout the trip, they did make sure to take a lot of photos and videos  to document their amazingly fun time away.

They both got to reset.

Each day was full of sunshine. Every day, they slept in, made love, cooked on the grill, hiked, kayaked, and everything under the sun that they felt like. They had no one to answer to and they didn't want this perfect weekend to end.
__________________
The adorable and hilarious video that inspired me!