37. Fall Into A Dream

"Girl are you almost ready?!" Krys hollered to Charlotte.

"I just have to put on my shoes!" She heard back.

Krys had hated the fact that her best friend was going through such a tough time. Although Charlotte didn't speak about it much, she could hear her crying sometimes and felt terrible that there was nothing she could do to take away the hurt. She never mentioned it to Charlotte that she was aware that she was broken, but instead, she would just try to make her laugh throughout the day and get her out of the house to keep her mind distracted for a little while. She just wanted to try and help her see that she could be okay without Will.

Krys and Austin grew to be good friends considering they were both Will and Charlotte's best friends and spent a lot of time around each other before over the years.

Austin told Krys that Will was now in his clear mind and regrets ending things with Charlotte but he didn't know when and if he should reach out to her. He did truly believe that maybe he was doing her a favor by leaving things how they were even though he hated it.

Austin and Krys, being the amazing friends they were, started to conspire with each other on how they could reunite them.
Tonight, there was a local show featuring one of Will's favorite bands, Sleep Token. Austin bought tickets for him and Will. Krys bought tickets for her and Charlotte. They planned for them to hopefully "stumble" into each other at the show.

In some cases, this might be a terrible scenario to put exes in, but both Austin and Krys knew that their best friends were both stubborn and just needed a gentle nudge. As aggravated as Krys was with Will that he was putting her best friend through so much, she still had a soft spot in her heart for Will and genuinely liked him for Charlotte. When he wasn't fucking things up, she knew he loved Charlotte with his entire being and they just had to be pushed in the right direction. Krys knew Will was Charlottes soul mate...and what kind of "sister" would she be if she watched Charlotte just let him pass her by because they were both stubborn.

Austin also thought the same in Will's case. The band really loved Charlotte and they all realized when he sent that letter, he had been awake for days and his emotions were sporadic. He had seen many versions of Will both with and without Charlotte, and it was evident she brought the best out in him . He wanted to at least to try reconnect them and try to get them back together just once.
He and Krys realty wanted to help.

______________________
Charlotte and Krys made it to the venue which was small and intimate.

"I love it here!" Charlotte smiled for the first time all day and Krys was happy to see it.  As they waited their turn at the bar, Charlotte glanced all around the venue appreciating the nice filigree and artwork. She also loved that the place was quaint enough  where you could see the stage no matter where you stood, and it was cozy.

"Me too! It's really cute in here!" Krys smiled and ordered her and Charlotte some tequila and Red Bulls.
Charlotte glanced around the crowd scanning all the people.

"There's so many hot dudes in here with beards tonight," Krys joked looking around at all the handsome tattooed men.

"I guess..." Charlotte just kind of shrugged. She was still so caught up in Will that she never really paid much attention to the guys around her. She was naturally beautiful and, often, during tattooing, her male clientele would try to flirt with her and ask her or hint at potential dates, but she never even considered it...none of them were Will. Deep down she really thought Will didn't love her anymore, but she couldn't find herself even being close to ready to moving on with her life

They got their drinks and decided to stand at the bar for now until the next band came on before Sleep Token.
They chatted and Charlotte caught a glimpse of something out of the corner of her eye. She knew that hair anywhere even if it was tied up in a man bun tonight.