11. Cursed By This Apparition

Over the next couple of months, Will and Charlotte were adjusting to the thought of them being parents. It scared them both deep inside, but they knew they were in this together and everything would fall into place. With the new baby coming, Charlotte and Will decided they would probably need to upgrade their apartment soon. But... things were expensive these days, so, Charlotte was working long days, trying to fit in as many tattoos as possible. Sometimes she would forget to eat, and she was also having a hard time sleeping when she finally got home. Will was growing frustrated with her, telling her that he was financially stable enough to support her. Charlotte, however, was extremely stubborn and just promised Will she would slow down in her second trimester, which was approaching very soon. In the back of her mind, she loved Will but still didn't feel right relying on him monetarily. Although Will initially fell in love with the fire in her and her independence, it was now sometimes agitating to him. He felt she was putting the baby at risk because she was so hard headed and wouldn't just let him provide.

A little while back, Lorna Shore had signed up for a 2 month tour shortly after they found out Charlotte was pregnant and Will insisted that Charlotte come with them. However, Charlotte wasn't the biggest fan of the idea of being pregnant and sharing a tour bus with a bunch of men. She was also still getting morning sickness quite often. Will told her that he understood but being away from her and touring wasn't enjoyable for him right now. He didn't tell Charlotte, but he was barely sleeping just stressed out about her being alone and pregnant at home.

Charlotte was growing more depressed by the day, but didn't want to worry Will with her thoughts. She knew she would have to stop working soon, but she absolutely loved tattooing and, to her, it was an escape. An outlet.
When she was engaging in her artistry, it was the only time her brain would stop and shut out anything going on in the outside world. It was a break from reality.

Her therapy.

Not only was she battling with these new hormones, but it didn't take long until she grew very lonely while Will was away. She kept it to herself, because she knew she couldn't ask Will not to tour, but she also was feeling lower than normal about her confidence. She knew her stomach was growing and she didn't feel at her prettiest right now. She worried about all the beautiful women that would be throwing themselves at her man while she wasn't there next to him at night. She was growing more insecure but suffered these thoughts alone. Her and Will spoke daily, and he knew her well. He very much noticed a sadness in her voice. He hated that she wasn't physically there with him so he could kiss it better.
_________________________________

The weeks passed...very slowly...but they passed....

Will had just gotten home a couple of days prior and Charlotte didn't seem like her normal, bubbly self. Will could tell she was trying, but he didn't buy it. She was more distant and not as affectionate as she normally was. Will knew they were both temperamental right now. He was over tired and she hadn't been having the best time during this prenatal rollercoaster by herself over the last 8 weeks. He chalked it up to her just being exhausted and he was hoping the tension between them would pass soon.

This particular morning, Will decided on making home made chocolate chip pancakes, wanting to do something nice for Charlotte, knowing it was her favorite choice in the morning. They had a decent day yesterday and had been slowly getting back on track. He figured he would start the day off by doing something nice for her and planned to take her to an art museum that she had mentioned she wanted to go to a few times. Will had been trying his best to be more attentive to her since he got home. This morning he would try his hardest to cheer her up and show her how much he missed her.

Charlotte came down the stairs in an over sized t shirt, a small, tired smile forming on her lips. She saw Will mixing the pancake batter, excitedly concluding that he was indeed making her favorite breakfast. This caused her insides to melt. For her, the small gestures from him meant everything and she appreciated the fact he was taking the time to do this. He was only in his pajama pants and she snuck up behind him enjoying the view of his defined back muscles and tattoos.