15. Fall With Me Into The Other Night

Once Charlotte was finally discharged from the hospital, Austin drove her and Will back to his house so Will could grab his things since he's been staying with him ever since he left the apartment. Will grabbed some clothes and random stuff he had there and he drove him and Charlotte back to their apartment. On the drive home, he held her small hand in his. He wanted to reassure her that he was there to protect her. He was glad to be coming home finally but just wished it had been under different circumstances.

They made it back and everything was as it should be. Will automatically brought his things to their room. As soon as he stepped in and looked around at the space he once shared with Charlotte, he deeply sighed setting his bags on the floor. Charlotte came in behind him quietly and wrapped her small arms around him from behind. Will wasn't quite a largely built man, tall and rather slender, but Charlotte was significantly more petite.

Will's heart started pounding as he felt her encompass him, and he looked down feeling terrible that she had a few yellowing bruises on her arms from todays events. He turned in her arms and wrapped his arms around her protectively.

"Let me run you a bubble bath." He suggested to her, wanting her to try and relax.

"Its okay, I can do it."

Will smiled a little bit to himself. That was his girl. Stubborn and independent.

"Char.....let me take care of you." Will pleaded with her as he looked into her eyes and held her face in his hands. She felt butterflies forming in her stomach and melted nodding in agreement. At this point, she would do whatever he was saying while he was giving her that look.

He gently leaned down kissing her on the cheek.

"I'll be back...."

He left her to go run her a hot bath and he added bubbles in for good measure.

Charlotte got undressed and put on a black fuzzy robe while she waited. It felt weird hearing will shuffling around in the other room. She had grown so used to it being so quiet and lonely. She smiled a little to herself and will came out of the bathroom after a little bit smiling.
"It's all set. You hop in and relax. I'll be back to check on you. " he walked over to her resting a hand on her shoulder and kissing the top of her head attentively.

"Thank you Will....not just for the bath....but...just for being here...."

"What?" He furrowed his eyebrows, "You don't need to thank me. Of course I'm here.....I'm not going anywhere unless you tell me to....."

Charlotte shook her head no and walked past Will after rubbing his arm a little reassuringly as she walked by. He had been gone long enough.
________________________

She went into the bathroom to enjoy her bath.
She slipped a foot in and instantely started to feel better. She loved baths to unwind, and Will had it at the perfect temperature for her and she loved the bubbles. He also had dimmed the lights for her and had lit some candles to set the tone. He wanted her to try her best and forget about the day's events...knowing it would be hard to do but he wanted to help if possible.

While Charlotte laid her back against the tub and sunk down a little deeper letting the warmth cover her skin, she thought about the fact that Will was home and she felt so much safer. She was able to completely relax her mind, something she hasn't done in months.

Will let her stay in there as long as she wanted and he made her a hot cup of cocoa with some mini marshmallows and set it on her side of their bed. He stripped down to his boxers and climbed in fluffing up the pillows and getting comfy. He really missed their bed. It was like sleeping on a cloud.