40. You Fell With Me

They walked hand in hand down a corridor looking for a free room where no one would interrupt them. They eventually came across a room with a couch and some random equipment they kept backstage. He closed the door behind him. They sat down next to each other and Will fidgeted with his fingers out of nervousness. He didn't expect for her to actually come to the show, never mind agree to have a talk with him this time around. He was unprepared but just wanted to tell her exactly how he felt.

He found the courage to look into her chocolate eyes. It was suddenly
so easy to forget anything negative that had happened between them before. He fought the urge to just lean in and kiss her perfect lips.

"Thank you for coming tonight Char..." she could tell he really was appreciative and couldn't help but to melt away on the inside.

"I know the last time I saw you we didn't really end on a good note, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it."

Charlotte sighed shakily just trying to tell herself to let her guard down and be vulnerable.

"Honestly, me either Will...and if anything....I should be apologizing to you."
Will looked at her with slight surprise.

"I know I've been hard on you for that letter...and I understand you weren't in your right mind...but it still hurt..." her eyes watered and she looked down into her lap.

Will felt terrible dread in his chest as his heart pounded and he reached over and gently moved her hair away from her face and behind her ear.

"I know...and I'll never forgive myself for that..."

"I know you said it was a mistake," she sniffled quietly, "but you know me,Will. You know about my stupid insecurities. I guess even though you say it was a mistake, part of me still worries that you really did mean it....maybe one day you'll wake up and realize that you really don't want me anymore."

Will furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head never looking away from her.

"No." He snapped back and took both of her hands in his. "Baby, I'm telling you now...there will never come a day where I don't love you anymore." He ran his thumbs over her small hands.

"We've been through so much...and I've seen how strong you are,Char, and it just made me adore you even more...I want us to come back from this...I don't want anyone else but you."

A tear fell down her cheek and Will wiped it away gently and kissed her forehead.

"I-I just...I know you guys will be recording
and going away soon...is this really something you really want to add to your plate?" Will sighed and exhaustedly ran his hands over his face.

"Add to my plate? Char...you're my wife. You come first before anything else. Recording can wait...music can wait...you're my first choice, every fucking time. Why can't you just believe me when I say that?Please stop thinking that I don't care about your feelings...if you told me to stay home right now so we could work on us, I will. For however long."

"I would never ask you to do that..."

Will grew frustrated and his eyes started to glaze over with tears.

"Just tell me what to do Charlotte....tell me what to do and I'll fucking do it. I just want my wife back. I miss you and I miss us. And I'm sorry for ever hurting you." Charlotte heard the desperation in his voice and it tore her heart apart. She looked into his eyes realizing he was willing to do absolutely anything and that alone was so much reassurance in itself. She leaned in and rested her forehead against his and closing her eyes.

"I miss you too..."

Will closed his eyes and exhaled. He was finally hearing what he prayed to the universe for.

Will wrapped his arms around her waist and leaned in kissing her passionately. Charlotte felt an electric charge throughout her body giving her goosebumps. She never thought she would feel his lips on hers again and she thought it might be a dream.

He held her face in his and gently pulled away.

"Come back home babe...please?"

Charlotte sighed and nodded a little really wanting their marriage to work.

He lovingly kissed her nose and Charlotte felt a tingle in her spine when he reached his tattooed fingers around the back of her neck and unhooked her necklace.
She watched him as he took her wedding rings off and he took her hand and slipped them back onto her finger.
The tears kept coming feeling overwhelmed with mixed emotions.
Will wiped her cheeks with his thumbs and continued to kiss her intensely as if she might just evaporate and disappear into thin air. This all felt too good to be true.

Their kissing grew in ferocity. Charlotte ran her hand down the side of his face and she leaned back on the couch. She clutched onto his shirt pulling him with her as they laid back. Will nibbled on her bottom lip, feeling the empty void in his heart slowly closing up with every passing moment that they kissed.

Will pulled away slowly and kissed her neck softly, causing her to make little humming sounds of approval. He knew her neck was always ultra sensitive and it was an easy turn on for her.

Will was super turned on himself since it had been forever since he felt her touch...but if they were going to finally make up, he didn't want to do it on some dirty piece of furniture back stage at a venue. He wanted to take his time with her. He slowly pulled away and ran his fingers through her curls when she looked slightly disappointed.

"I wanna take you home," Will suggested with his lips grazing against hers. She smiled slightly but sighed to herself remembering she came in a cab with Krys.

"I can't leave Krys hanging babe we didn't drive here tonight." Will thought about it.
"I'll have Austin drive her home tonight. Do you think she would be cool with that if I ask him?"
Charlotte nodded knowing Krys and Austin were really growing rather close as friends and Austin was the more responsible one in their group of friends and would get her home safely.
Will pecked her on the lips and got up from the couch, holding his hand open to help her stand up. She grabbed it and smiled to herself when he wrapped his arm around her shoulders protectively as they walked back to the group. Charlotte wrapped an arm around his waist and kind of fidgeted with her wedding rings happy to feel them back om her finger.

When they walked im together everyone looked over with smiles and looks of approval. Everyone had been hoping that eventually they would find their way back to one another. They scanned the room and realized Krys nor Austin were around.

"Where's Archey?" Will asked out loud.

"Him and your friend left a while ago." Said Andrew with a smirk. Will and Charlotte just awkwardly looked at each other wondering if something was up with them. Everyone knew Austin had a girlfriend so Charlotte just kind of assumed they were just chatty friends and nothing more.

"I guess that means you're off the hook and you're coming with me." Will whispered into her ear making the chills come back.
She nodded just willing to get out of there as quickly as possible. She couldn't wait to fully make up.