28. Far From Grace

She opened the door and was surprised to see Will standing on the other side. He looked nervous and had his hands in his pockets. How did he find her? Almost as if he read her mind, he spoke quietly.

"Austin said you have your location on at all times in your chat so....I needed to come find you to explain myself......."

Charlotte couldn't speak at the moment, just looking over his face. The last time she saw him, he was pale, and his cheeks and eyes were sunken in from all the drug use and drinking and sleepless nights. He had looked like he was on the brink of death. Right now, he looked like the Will she first met. He looked healthy and had a natural glow. His curls that usually framed his face  were tied up into a bun so she could see his face more clearly. He looked like the man she used to love before the hardships from life sent him over the edge.

"Can I come in?" He asked with hopeful eyes. He knew there might be a slight chance she shut the door in his face. Charlotte debated quietly in her head before she stepped side to let him through.

Will kept his quivering hands in his pockets and just chose to stay standing slightly pacing  as Charlotte sat on the edge of the bed still speechless he found her. Will was apprehensive, seeing Charlotte after so many months and thinking she was still the most beautiful woman in the world to him and no one topped her. It was so hard to look at her and not want to touch her.

She was just quiet with devastation and more embarrassed she came all this way just to see that he was easily moving on from her.

"Charlotte....I know what you're probably thinking. The girl at my door isn't anyone....I met her in my program and she was just hanging out. I swear to you."

Charlotte sighed shakily just speaking quietly trying to choose the right words.

"Will....it's none of my business. You don't need to explain yourself. I had no business coming all the way out here after the way we ended things the last time we talked and clearly you're moving o- "
Will cut her off.

"Her name is Amanda and she's literally just someone from the clinic I've met a few times, Charlotte. I've never touched her in my life and have NO interest to." Charlotte was appreciative of the fact that he still respected her feelings enough to even come here and explain it.

Will came over and kneeled in front of Charlotte while she remained seated on the bed not knowing how to respond. He rested his arms on either side of her on the bed and looked into her eyes sincerely.

"It was just bad timing and I know it looked weird. I honestly just bought a ticket to come back to Jersey yesterday...." Will let out an ironic slight chuckle through his sadness. They were alike in many ways but still managed to butt heads when it came to communicating sometimes. It was a little funny that they clearly had the same idea; They were both wanting to see each other.

" I was going to come home to you and try to tell you that I don't want to be out here if that means I'm going to have to live my life without you...... I'll come home. I'll be strong and stick to my therapy, anything I need to do to have you, Char."

Charlotte's lip trembled and her eyes welled up with tears.

"You can't Will ...." She sniffled. Will frowned at the rejection thinking that's what she wanted to hear. She knew it would be selfish on her part to have him put himself right back into a situation where he's not comfortable.

"You'll be putting yourself back into a tempting situation." She lamented.

"You also said you like it out here and I would feel guilty if you came home now, me knowing you don't want to be in Jersey anymore."