22. Accepting This Damnation

When Charlotte and Noah arrived to the party house, they just walked in through the front door. Noah had been here multiple times and knew tons of people there.

He tangled his fingers with Charlotte's leading her through the crowd. They stopped in the kitchen where all the varieties of booze was and they made some drinks. Charlotte chugged her first one down quickly. She had been trying to numb herself lately just not wanting to feel anything anymore most days. She especially missed Winter. And, of course, she really missed Will. After pouring herself another, Noah laughed slightly amused.

"Holy shit, so I guess I'm gonna have to catch up to you tonight." He smirked at her and Charlotte shrugged faking a smile starting to sip on her second jack and coke.

They floated around the party just chatting and hanging out, feeling the music and vibes and starting to get very tipsy.

Charlotte walked up to Noah and stood on her tip toes to speak into his ear so he could hear her better.

"I wanna go sit down somewhere," she said, feeling a little woozy all of the alcohol hitting her at once and she hadn't eaten most of the day due to her normal stress.

Noah held her hand and led her to a room and when he opened the door, thick marijuana smoke came rolling out in front of her.

He kept talking to her but the sound of his voice was muffled underneath the loud music and chaotic chattering.

The room was very dim, lit up partly from a tacky old lamp in the corner. There were two big couches and some random people hanging out, passing a blunt around. There were two people that were either passed out or asleep, it was hard to tell the difference.

Noah shut the door behind them drowning out some of the noise then he sat on an empty spot on the couch, pulling Charlotte next to him. The second-hand thick haze in the room wasn't the most ideal place for Charlotte since she was already feeling a bit light headed. She thought to herself she needed to just rest her head for a minute. She was feeling a little queasy. All of a sudden a warm wave came over her and she felt beads of sweat forming in her forehead. She had never passed out before but she had wondered if that's what was happening.
The sounds she was hearing all around started to fade out, as she rested her head on Noah's shoulder, slowly falling into slumber she was trying to fight off.
_______________________________

It was about a month since Winter had been home and Charlotte and Will were crushing being new parents. They were so thankful that Winter had made it through the rough months in the NICU.

Fatherhood came naturally to Will. As soon as Winter arrived home, he put everything on hold for his girls. He was home with Charlotte often  and was proactive in waking up during the night, taking turns with Charlotte when Winter woke up every other hour. However, quite often, when it was her turn but he would let her sleep. He felt like he had been rewarded this time with his daughter that he almost had been robbed of, and he was thankful for every moment no matter how tired he was.

This particular day, Will was taking Winter over to visit with his mom, something he had done a few times a week. Rosie was absolutely elated she had a granddaughter and loved for them to visit often.

Charlotte had been behind in some things while managing the bands pages and wanted to take some time to catch up. She kissed Winter after Will strapped her in, then she gave Will a kiss to see him off and went back into the house to do her work. Will and Winter visited for a little while, always making the most of each visit. Will had called Charlotte on the ride home to let her know he was on her way. She was cooking dinner and told him to drive safe.
____________________________