30. A World In Slow Motion

They arrived at a little chapel in the middle of Las Vegas, Charlotte and Will both growing more excited. They signed up for a time slot can't believing they were really doing this.
When it was their turn, they were led to this quaint , outside venue. It was a very intimate,courtyard, garden setting.

Beautiful foliage and exotic flowers surrounded them and complimented the white wooden altar where Charlotte and Will stood.  The guys stood behind them to watch, trying to contain their excitement  to be quiet just happy for their two good friends.

The officiant spoke, starting the ceremony. It was a short, older lady who looked like she was somebody's gram. She was small with white hair and very pleasant. It was either her or Elvis and Charlotte had no interest in being married by "the king" with fake sideburns.

"Welcome, everyone. Friends who have traveled to be with Charlotte and William today, we thank you for being here to share this special day. You may be seated.

The officiant gave a really nice speech and it didn't take long for them to get to the vows. Instead of them wanting to repeat some generic vows, Will and Charlotte both agreed before hand to speak from the heart.

Will was first. They held each others hands and he was facing her looking down into her eyes. He thought even though it was so last minute, this was the perfect ceremony. He would marry her anywhere. The only thing that mattered was her and himself. He forgot about everyone else, just engulfed in their own love bubble. He searched for the right words to say.

"Charlotte, you have made me the happiest man in the world, and the luckiest. You choose me every day to share your life with and I'm so thankful for you." Wills eyes started to glaze over with happiness, automatically getting Charlotte going. She was trying her best not to cry but it broke her seeing him start.

"I promise to cherish you....and respect you. I promise to care for you and protect you. I promise to comfort you and encourage you. I promise to be with you for all of eternity. I love you." Will smiled with his lip quivering a tiny bit in the corners knowing just by Charlotte's face that she had completely melted.

"And you, sweetie..." the precious granny urged Charlotte to take her turn to speak.

Charlotte bit her lip just taking a calming breath. She didn't know why she was so nervous when it was such an intimate little ceremony. It was finally settling in for her that he wasn't going anywhere.

"Will, I know we've been through hell and back together...and you complete me in ways I never knew was possible. I couldn't have made it this far without you." Charlotte's voice cracked a little thinking of all the challenges they've been through, wishing Winter was here.

" I promise to listen to you and learn from you, to support you...Every second, every minute, and every hour I spent loving you was worth it. And today, I can finally say I am yours forever. "

Charlotte's gaze never left Will's as they both lovingly stared at each other through their happy tears. There were even some quiet sniffles from the guys. It was a moving moment for everyone.

The officiant spoke, "Do you, William, take this woman to be your wedded wife?

Will grinned from ear to ear. "FUCK yes!" The guys started cracking up and Charlotte giggled.

"Do you, Charlotte, take this man to be your wedded husband?"

"Absofuckinglutely I do...." Charlotte's grin matched Will's immense excitement.

Will laughed squeezing her hands gently.

"By the power vested in me, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may now give your bride a kiss."