11. Shaadi

It was post afternoon around 3 pm and they were ready to go to their kuldev temple. Teju got ready and came to the entrance of the palace with Sakhi, she looked around for her brother and karan but only their voice reached her ears.

Sakhi " jisko aapke aakhei dundrahe hai voh aage hai "

Teju looked down with a sly smile, the guards asked both of them to sit in the palanquin which they obliged and settled inside.

The guards lifted the palanquin and she felt the movement, but soon she also heard horse ride beside their palanquin.

Karan " Pranam ranisa"

She slide the curtain immediately and looked at him, there he was, riding the horse, she looked keenly at the horse and her eyes immediately shined and realized it was the same horse which she saw in the jungle

Karan " meet my other best friend, veer "

She looked at karan " Ranasa, ye.. Humne dheka tha issko.. Jungle mei "

Karan " Ohhhh.. he is my best friend, my brother.. "

She smiled and he just looked at her and whispered " Begum" , she blushed and closed the curtain immediately. Sakhi was giving her a teasing smile.

Sakhi " Haan han sab dhekrahe hu mei rajkumari "

Teju " di... Chup hojaye "

Their giggles are heard by the two men coming on either side of their palanquin who smiled.

They reached the temple and Teju stepped outside the palanquin with sakhi.

Karan and everyone who came in their horses, tied them under the tree and came forward. They removed their slippers outside the temple near a shop and took their pooja thali and went inside.

Teju and sakhi covered their faces with their pallu , Karan held teju hands and entwined her fingers with his, she smiled and tightened the hold as the other hands was holding the thali.

Sakhi smiled looking at them, her fingers brushed with someone and she looked up, it was rivaan, she could say by the ring on his fingers.

The Pandit was already informed about the arrival of them, Hence everything was all ready for the pooja.

She gave the pooja thali to the Pandit who started enchanting the mantras.
Everyone concentrated on the pooja, the Pandit recited their names and nakshatras in front of the God.

Everyone took the aarti and they moved outside to distribute the sweets and clothes to the needy people.

Karan " Ranisa " , he called her who was now giving the silver coin to the old people present.

She turned and he smiled and asked her to come closer, she blushed and he held her hands. Both walked to the lake beside the temple and stepped in the water, he lifted her veil over her head and held her hands, the sun was begging to set and it was a beautiful moment for both as they looked into each other eyes with the orangish hue behind them.

Karan " I know the answer but still.. Kal hamari shaadi hai, aap pasand karti ho na mujhee ? Leave this kingdom, this princess prince title.. Just tell me, do you like me as a person? you feel safe with me ?, do you trust me ..?"

She looked into his eyes and nodded her head "when I first met you, you were not any king but just aarav.. My destiny have tied me with that person who was not a royal when I met him. So your title doesn't make a difference ranasa. And I feel more secure with you, I never felt this way with anyone but you. And I started trusting you the night when I was in your arms in the middle of that jungle "