16 - Karan's surprise

It was evening time, the guards informed both teju and karan about the evening Pooja and muh dhikaye ritual. 

Sakhi helped teju to get ready just like how a new bride looks, she was dressed in yellow heavy stone studded lehenga with green blouse and duppata, wrapped around her head covering her face, her hairs tied into plaits and placed in front, skin adorned with beautiful jewels all over. 

He had already left after getting for the evening, they havent exchanged more conversation in the evening as they were already late taking a nap. 

With guards walking in the front, she took slow steps as guided by Sakhi beside her and one more dasi from other side.  As soon as, she entered the royal room, everyone hailed for their new princess making her smile. 

She was made to sit beside Karan who was stunned to see the beauty beside her. She looked graceful in the yellow color.

Karan whispered " kuch zyada hi achi lagraheho aap ranisa "

Teju " Aapko kaisa pata, apne face cover kiya haina "

Karan " I can see you through anything and your face alone doesn't define the Royalness in you my queen, you r a example of Exquisite "

Teju blushed in intense red and both were so busy into themselves that they didn't concentrate on the speech given by king. 

They got back to trance when they heard Queen Madhangi coming near to them.  Karan looked straight with his blank face again and teju tried to stop her grin.

Madhangi clapped her hands and the dasi's brought the plates covered with red satin cloth, they placed them in front of teju and madhangi slowly lifted teju veil, the crowd gasped seeing their beautiful future queen.

They all hailed for her again praising her beauty , she also smiled and folded her hands to thank everyone. 

Madangi said a poetry describing the beauty and also character of teju which was applauded. Then one by one, his sisters came and they also gifted her many jewels. 

She stood up along with karan and they both walked to the centre of the royal room and thanks everyone by bowing to the guest. 

Once the ceremony was over, they moved to mandhir for the evening Pooja and as a daughter in law of the palace, teju did the aarti with Karan and distribute Prasad to everyone.

She bent down and gave a bite to the kids and gave one extra laddoo to them as they liked making everyone smiled. 

The men moved to the study room to discuss on the current affairs and the women moved to their haram.

Teju and sakhi was surprised to see the Haram filled with many women, but what surprised them most was , it was not like how they heard Haram's about, women here are busy in doing some or other activities, they do their own handmade products and Meenu explained, all these women are people who lost their family in war and stuff, they all stay together in the haram and do their own work for activity, One or two incharge from them, take their product to market and do sales, they save their money and use for themselves.

Teju was highly impressed , she thought high of her kingdom that there is no haram, but here the entire definition changed and she respect the customs of mahaleshwar more. 

She interacted with few people eagerly and they are also happy to meet their new princes. She mingles with everyone easily and that made the other royal women smiled.

They turned back to the dining area to have their dinner before retiring to their room, just then the men also arrived and they had their dinner. 

King rajwanshi " Rajkumari, how r u, aap ko ache lagaraha humara yahan.. Yeh aapka ghar hai, aapko koye dhikat hai to boliye hume "

Teju was nervous as she never interacted with him much but looking his concern, she smiled " Nahi maharaj,  hum theek hai, Hume bohot acha lagraha hai yahan.. And thank you for showing this side of world to me, I m so happy to see the Haram and the people there. They r so hardworking and wonderful people. "

King smiled " We are happy to see you happy beta "

She nodded with a smile and they continued their dinner. They retired to their room and teju waited for Karan, since they said husband will have to gift his wife something.

She sat on the bed and waited for him, he entered and said the guards to take rest for sometime which made her smile.  He walked inside and saw her waiting for him which made him smile a little. 

Karan " Hayeee,  humari ranisa hamara wait kar rahe hai " he removed the veil and she blushed and nodded, he pecked her forehead.

She forwarded her hands and he frowned " kya "

Teju " my gift? "

Karan " oh I forgot, I didn't knew, should I gift something?  Is it mandatory? "

She pouted and nodded making him give a sad look" but I dont have anything "

She sighed " thats okay ranasa.. Hmm.. Hum change karke aati hai "

She stood up to go when he pulled her back making her back dash into his front, he traced her nape a little making her shiver " Ranisa,  Gussaa ?"

She nodded no with difficulty as his hands were doing magic, he made her turn in jiff and she closed her eyes breathing heavily.

He made her sit on the bed and she looked at him opening his eyes, he closed her eyes and she remained closed.  He walked to their balcony and came back inside after a minute.  She felt something in her shoulder and realized what it was and opened her eyes. 

" Pappu " she whispered and held it in her hands, she traced it and it snuggled more into her. 

She looked at Karan who was having a smile, she whispered thank you and he nodded no.  She let pappu flew who roam around the new chamber, teju stood up and he cupped her cheeks "happy? "

She nodded with a happy tears and he  hugged her, she hugged him back tightly wrapping her arms around him making him smile more as its their proper first hug..

That hug, it meant something to me!

.....................................................................

Hiya, I know you all have been waiting for the update. I reside in Chennai and i hope you all aware of the situation here,  it's heavy rain and storms here, no signal and current issues, water stagnation. I couldnt use my mobile for past two days. This is the reason y I couldn't update. 

I hope you will like this chapter and please share your views on this., I know short update but this is all I could do now. 

Thank you so much for all the love and support

SANTHIYA SURESH