37. Engagement day

It was engagement day of Rivaan and sakhi, both of them were excited about the wedding.  Karan had left to mahalesbwar on that night as he said, teju spend the days with her parents and in laws together, she visited Sakhi in her place and both shared whatever happened in the past days. 

Teju was in her chamber, looking outside, she was waiting for Karan from morning.

Queen Kushali entered the chamber with a smile " Aap abhi tak tayar nahi huye rajkumari "

Teju turned and have her a small smile " Unke aane se phele kiskeliye tayar hojau?  "

Kushali cupped her cheeks " voh ajayenge..Rajkumar Karan kabhi apni vaadha se peeche nahi honge.. Zarur ayenge..  Now dress up and get ready for your man "

Teju " He didn't even told me what should I wear.. He just left in a hurry that day " she said walking towards the closet and kushali wondered what  is wrong with her daughter in a playful way. 

Kushali teasing " Ahem... Didn't know that you were so in love with damadsa that you don't wear anything without his choice "

Teju blushed and looked here and there before opening the closet
" Voh...he said he will choose a outfit and he practically asked the weaver to design for me for the special events " 

Kushali " ohh aise hai baat...."

She clapped hands twice and two dasis entered the chamber with two plates covered with satin cloth. 

Kushali " aap keliye hai "

Teju removed the cloth with a frown and was surprised to see a beautiful lehenga with precious stones and gold imprinted on it.

Kushali " He sent this one yesterday through one of the guards, I thought to give this to you in the morning "

Teju took the lehenga which weighed nearly hers and traced them, it was so majestic and kushali dispersed the dasis. 

Kushali " since now you got the dress of your husband choice, you can go ahead and get ready my girl.. Please for this poor mother " she said teasing and teju blushed more, kushali laughed seeing teju reddened face. 

The hall echoed with the hailing for king aliyar, both the ladies stood up and he entered.  He sent the guards away and patted teju head, he gave a small smile to kushali who nodded, like other times he didn't shift his eyes teju , she was looking them like this for the first-time.

Teju cleared her throat and aliyar looked at her, she raised her eyebrows making him smile, she smiled back.

Aliyar " So my princess is not ready yet? "

Teju " Going to get ready babasaa "

Aliyar " When will rajkumar Karan come? "

Teju " he might be on his way "

Aliyar held her hands and made her sit down in the bed and sat beside her, kushali stood beside him.

Aliyar " aap kush hai ?"

Teju " jii babsa.. I m happy, they treat me so good and I m very comfortable there, it never felt like new place and it's very different from here"

Aliyar " I m so relieved now, I was tensed like aap wahan kaise rahogi, wahan ki culture kaise samjhogi "

Teju " Maasa madhangi taught me everything with patience and Ranasa, he never missed a chance to spend time with me, we even went on a tour to villages nearby "

Both Aliyar and kushali was happy, they were talking for sometime and left to look after the preparations. 

Teju get ready in the lehenga sent by Karan, she adorned herself like a bride just like he said earlier, placed jasmine flower over her plaited hairs, she worn a stone studded necklace and haaram with heavy earring and ear chains,  she looked at the mangtika which was always his favorite one and wore them. The dasis placed kajal under her eyes and she was looking no less then any goddess.