24- Revolt

They begin their journey towards the village named Kosali. The village is situated in the eastern region of the kingdom, surrounded by river on one side and deep forest on opposite. The village is known for its resources but every positive will have a negative trailing, this is one of the village which was affected by the dacoits and they still revolt against the royal family and the others related to the palace.  They despise them to the core and Karan wanted to visit the place and know about their mental health. He can't get back things and people they lost but he wanted to help them. 

They walked into the village with veer beside, they spotted a place where the people are crowded and one person was standing  in middle ,he was addressing them.  Both karan and teju walked there and stood behind to listen. 

" we will never support the king hereafter, sabhi vasiyo samajraheho"

Everyone said yes and one person interfered " but isme rajasahab ki galti nahi, unone punishment bhi diya criminal ko... "

" so we are all going to be back to normal, don't forget we don't need a king but the king need us.. Aur rahi baat, punishment ki, kab kiya.. Jab hum apne log ko kodiya, Tab..We lost many lives just bcoz the king forget this village and he didn't do his duty on right away "

Karan gripped his hands to stop himself from barging inside and grab his neck. Teju held his hands and nodded no.

One of them from the crowd, a lady spoke
" Don't show your personal vengeance here Raju, the king never neglected us and we r not courageous enough to take this to the kings notice and that's y we lost them repeatedly. I m askking to all the men here, if anyone of you were brave and informed the king about this directly, or at least Rajkumar karan, they would have punished the culprit the earliest, but we r still afraid of them and accept it rather than revolting... "

The person glared at her and the crowd went quiet, teju and karan noticed the women and decided to talk to her later. 

Karan " Nothing will change by your revolt against the king, you will be the one facing difficulties then "

Everyone turned and saw them, teju had a nervous smile and looked at her husband who have no ounce of regret voicing his opinion. 

Raju " Who are you, what r u doing here " he approached him in a serious way

Teju interfered " Bhaiya, me and my husband, we were travelling to my native which is far away from here. My health is not good, we need a place to rest for sometime, we will leave tomo evening "

An elderly women came forward " Are you pregnant beta " she traced teju cheeks and teju looked at her wide eyed, karan smirked and teju looked at him for answer.

Old women " Your face is glowing, kitni mahine hua shaadi se"

Karan immediately " 6 mahine hua dadi maa "

Dadi " phir zarur yahi baat hai..aaja aap log , Humara saath raho... Hum toh waise bhi akele rehete hai "

They nodded and walked with her while the crowd dispersed after listening to the nonsense from raju. 

Karan was in deep thinking, Dadi asked them to fresh up, teju was getting ready and he was outside. He offered to help Dadi by doing her pottery.

Karan pov " How will I make them believe again on us, their loss is very hard, he was right, we should have been more careful.  But, revolt against the king will only weaken the strength of this village and unnecessary issues within the kingdom. I should do something but mei kya karu "

Teju placed her hand on his shoulder and he looked at her. 

Teju " Aap gehre soch mei thi, kya hua aarav ji "