52. Love and Care

Karan and king were in the royal court room, they were in the middle of discussion when a guard interrupted them saying, there is someone who wants to meet them. 

Karan nodded and the  guards allowed the person to enter inside, the person bowed down to the king and prince respectively.

" Pranam maharaj, pranam rajkumar"

Karan " aap ko bhi pranam.. We were waiting for you, is there any good news Dev "

Dev " I m pleased myself to share this good news with you rajkumar. Your suspicion was right, it's Dheeraj Singalwar who had taken shelter in the kingdom of Ajmer. He was summoned by the king Prithiviraj for his actions. He apologized saying he was left with no food and he had to disguise himself for his survival and the king was convinced with him.. Right now, he was under his shelter and I saw him with my own eyes. His features matched the most with the rough picture you have me and there is that similar tattoo in his hand which was his significant feature. " 

King " That's a wonderful news, thanks dev.  You will be gifted with goodness and prosperity for this " , saying this he clapped thrice and the dasi entered with a pouch, king offered the pouch to dev who happily took and praised the king and promised to be loyal to him. 

Karan " Now u can go Dev, if we need we will call you again.. The royal army is waiting for you "

Dev " Thank you our future king, hail for the braveness of you and the king."

He hailed for them till he leaves the room, Karan was in his thinking when the king interuppted him. 

King rajwanshi " we need to inform the king of Ajmer, he need to know what kind of a bastard he is giving shelter for "

Karan " yes maharaj,  we need to inform, but first we will send a letter to him saying we would like to meet him and invite him for our palace.. If we suddenly go there, then it can alert dheeraj "

King " what if dheeraj escape in this mean time.."

Karan " no he won't.. Jaana kahan hai usko.. He wont go to sultanate as they will kill him first and the rest of kingdom are already under our vision.  We are capturing Markand soon, I wont leave the king who supported that dheeraj.. "

King " Where is abhi , didn't he come from the work yet " he asked noticing his absence from long time as Abhi went to look after the work outside. 

Karan " he came maharaj,  his ranisa is not well, so he is taking care of her"

King " what happened to sakhi bahu " his voice held that concern and Karan shifted uncomfortably not knowing how to tell him.

King nodded understanding his unsaid words and asked about teju to which he replied that she is taking rest.

Madangi entered the room with a letter and Karan stood up seeing her.  She patted his cheeks and settled beside her husband.

Madangi " queen kushali have written a letter for us "

King smiled " Whats there in it, let us know "

Madangi " Rajkumar Rivaan had agreed for the marriage and they had sent the invite for the rajkot kingdom to talk about the proposals, they requested our presence at that time "

King nodded " we will go "

Madangi smiled and looked at Karan who was neither happy nor sad, his face was neutral.

Madangi " are you not happy for your brother in law "

Karan stood up " I don't know Maasa, I m happy for him but I also understand what state of mind he is in currently, I will be happy , the day he acknowledge his wife and love her. He agreed now for the political alliance "