Chapter Eleven

"Show me every dark part of you and let me love you anyway. Let me kiss away all your pain and hold you as you heal."
______

"Is that all the children?" Natara asked sweetly. Natasha and Steve cringed. "You know, seen as I was the delegated fucking bus driver."

The brunette was fuming. The whole 'Let's rescue the other Avengers plan' had been great, literally one of the easiest things they'd had to do. And Natara had been left in the quinjet.

"You handled lots of guys-" Nat tried but Natara held up her hand, looking strikingly like an angry mother. "Because they came on to the quinjet."

"Natasha's right-"

"Watch yourself, Steven Grant Rogers. You and I still need to have a talk."
He shut his mouth.

"Tara-" Nat was trying again now but her partner wasn't done yet.

"To make matters worse? Well, let's see. This stupid jet's autopilot stops working mid flight. It was Matt, that craven man and his-"

Steve blinked at the word 'craven'. He was about to lean over to ask Nat what it meant when she beat him to it, leaning over to whisper. "No courage. Basically the opposite of a Superhero."
He nodded, swallowing thickly as Natara was still going.

"And his- his clear and- and disrespectful interest in my- well, doesn't matter, in Natasha. And so who has to fly this piece if junk? Me! Not only am I stuck in it while everyone goes out to fight, I'm having to fly it while carrying all of you."

Steve and Nat could only watch as Natara switched languages mid rant.
Suddenly it was worse, whatever language she was speaking, aggression complimented it. Her anger was even more apparent in the tongue.

"Italian," Nat murmed with an approving nod. "Good choice."

"What?" Steve tried, but Natara was speaking English once more.

"But no, that's not even the best part! Guess what! Suddenly we're dropping everyone off like it's fucking day care. Sam wants to go here, Wanda and Vision want to go there- actually, they're not the problem. That- that Ant Man too, everyone!" She screeched and Steve actually flinched.

He also couldn't help but notice that while Nat looked incredibly guilty, like a child being scolded, she also looked equal part in awe. Her eyes were intense as they moved no where but Natara.
Giving the redhead a look, Natara still screaming while her voice rose impossibly higher, Nat winced and moved forward, looking afraid.

"Natara, sweetheart, it's okay." She moved closer and Natara, shockingly, paused. "I'm sorry we left you. I promise, next time you draw the short straw, I'll let you go in my place anyway."

Oh yes, they'd drawn straws. To make it all the worse, Steve had originally drawn the short one when Natara decided- and left no one a choice- that she wanted the one he'd chosen. Eventually he let her and yes... it had turned out to be the shortest. Dangerous territory indeed.

"Not the point," Natara grumbled. But her voice was normal now and Nat drew closer, lips near her ear. "You also look incredibly good in the pilots seat," She murmered, hearing Natara's responding inhale.

"I know that."

Knowing it was safe now, Natasha smirked. "What is it you were trying to say earlier?"

"You're going to have to be more specific, Natasha."

"Mason's interest in your?"

Natara stiffened, clearing her throat. "I said Mason's interest in you, 'Natasha'. I used your name."