♡Chapter 16♡

{Poppy's outfit}

{Poppy's outfit}

"Morning!" Poppy cheerfully beamed as she walked into the kitchen where she saw Danny and Joey.

"Uh, Poppy, hey!" The two nervously laughed.

"Hey." Poppy greeted back. "What's for breakfast?"

"How does pancakes and hot chocolate sound?" Joey suggested.

"It sounds delicious." Poppy hummed.

"Well then I'll start making you it." Joey nodded and went behind the kitchen side.

"Here, Poppy. I went to the shops an hour ago and I you this magazine." Danny handed Poppy a fashion magazine.

"Oh, awesome! Fashion magazines are my favourite." Poppy gushed. The child then furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Wait a second, why are you two being extra nice?"

"We aren't." Danny denied as he and Joey shared a glance.

"We just wanted to treat you since it's your birthday soon." Joey shrugs.

"My birthday is 4 months away." Poppy gave Joey a weird look.

"Exactly. That is soon." Joey nodded.

"Come on! Tell me the truth. Why are you two being weird?" Poppy looked at her uncle and Joey as she waited for an answer.

"Poppy, we aren't being weird. Joey and I have nothing to hide. Now, why don't you go upstairs and play with Michelle until Joey is finished making your breakfast?" Danny suggests.

"Fine. But I'll find out what you two are hiding." Poppy pointed at Joey and Danny warningly before heading upstairs.

<~~~~~~~~>

It was a couple hours later. Poppy had eaten her breakfast and was now up in her room reading the fashion magazine her uncle Danny had bought her.

The 10 year old blonde hadn't seen her father all day, but Poppy just assumed he was out on another date.

As Poppy walked out her bedroom to head downstairs, she overheard DJ and Stephanie talking in their bedroom. Poppy knew she shouldn't have listened in on their conversation, but when she heard her name being mentioned she was curious.

So Poppy stood in the hallway as she sneakily listened in on the Tanner sister's conversation.

"Uncle Jesse ran away?" Stephanie gasped in shock.

DJ nodded. "I overheard Joey and dad talking about it." DJ tells her sister. "Apparently Uncle Jesse left Poppy behind because he thought he couldn't be a good dad to her. He thinks that Poppy would be better being raised by Joey and dad."

"Is Poppy sad?" Stephanie asked in a soft and sympathetic tone.

"Poppy doesn't know. Dad and Joey are too scared to tell her. It's bad enough her moms hardly in her life, but now her dad too." DJ explained.