♡Chapter 48♡

{Poppy's outfit}

{Poppy's outfit}

Poppy walked in the kitchen and went straight over to her dad. "Dad, can I have $40 for lunch at school tomorrow?" Poppy asked.

"$40?" Jesse furrows his eyebrows.

"I also need a book for school." Poppy lies, twiddling her thumbs.

Jesse narrowed his eyes. "What book?"

"I want new shoes." Poppy admitted.

"Do you have any idea what a bad liar you are?" Jesse tells his daughter, placing his hand on her shoulder.

"I'd be more worried that she couldn't come up with a single book title." Joey laughs.

DJ and Kimmy then enter the house.

"Hi, guys." DJ smiles at her family.

"Hey, Deej." Joey and Jesse wave over to the girl.

"I got my costume for the Christmas play tomorrow." DJ informs them. "You guys are gonna think it's so cute...and if you don't then please lie to me because I gotta wear it anyway." DJ sighed as she headed upstairs to try on her costume.

Kimmy walks over to Poppy and slings her arm around her friends shoulder. "So, boys. Did you do any work today or did you just play housewives?" Kimmy teased both Joey and Jesse.

"Well, Kimmy, I called your mom. Great news, you can move back home." Joey tells the Gibbler girl. "Your rooms been painted and all the repairs from the earthquake are finished." Joey explains. "Actually, they were finished yesterday but somehow your mom forgot to call." Joey sarcastically gasps.

"Oh, I hate to leave. I feel like I'm part of the family now." Kimmy tuts sadly.

"You know, you've only been here two days but...gosh, Joseph, doesn't it seem like a lifetime?" Jesse said over to his friend who nodded in agreement.

"I'll see you later, kid." Kimmy kissed Michelle on the top of her head. Kimmy then turned to Poppy. "I'll see you at school tomorrow."

"Bye, Kim." Poppy waved as she jumped on the kitchen side.

"I guess I'll go pack." Kimmy went to head upstairs.

"No need. We already packed for you." Jesse held up Kimmy's pink bag. "It's all part of our service." Jesse said, handing Kimmy her bag as he began leading her towards the door.

"Kimmy, don't go." Michelle rushes over to Kimmy and hugs her leg. "I'll miss you." Michelle pouts.

"The little goofball worships me." Kimmy smiles in awe. Kimmy then crouches down to Michelle's height. "Would it make you happy if I stayed here one more night?"