♡Chapter 51♡

{Poppy's outfit}

{Poppy's outfit}

Poppy was in her bedroom as she spoke to Kylie on the telephone.

"He totally likes you!" Kylie insists.

"As if." Poppy gasped.

"I'm being serious. Hayley and I saw him staring at you in math class." Kylie says on the other end of the call.

"But we've only had one conversation, why would he like me?" Poppy furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

"Isn't it obvious? You're a popular cheerleader and he's on the soccer team. You guys just fit well together." Kylie shrugs.

"Marcus Branning doesn't like me." Poppy continued to deny it.

"He so does!" Kylie giggles. "Hey, if you two got married you'd be Poppy Branning." Kylie tells her best friend.

"Like I said; me and Marcus have only had one conversation. I doubt he likes me." Poppy scoffs in disbelief.

"Sure. But when you guys get married I'm being the maid of honour, not Hayley or DJ or Kimmy." Kylie tells Poppy.

Poppy let out a laugh of amusement. "You're thinking way too ahead."

DJ then entered her cousins bedroom.

Poppy noticed DJ and fiddled with her telephone cord. "Hey, Kyles, I gotta go."

"Alright. Bye. I'll see you at school on Monday." Kylie blew a kiss down the phone as she ended the call.

Poppy placed her telephone down and turned her attention to DJ. "Hey, Deej. What's up?"

"You're so lucky you have your own telephone." DJ sighed. "You can make your own telephone calls from your own number without being interrupted."

"My dad bought it me." Poppy shrugs.

"And does he make you pay for it?" DJ inquires.

"No." Poppy shook her head. "He pays for it."

"That is so unfair! I asked my dad for my own telephone with my own number and he said only if I payed for it." DJ pouts. "Your dad is way cooler than mine."

"Our dads are just different." Poppy truthfully says.

"I'm gonna babysit this kid on Friday to earn some money." DJ begins to explain. "Kimmy babysits him sometimes too."