♡Chapter 79♡

{Poppy's outfit}

{Poppy's outfit}

It was currently 6 in the morning.

Poppy had woken up early this morning to go on a morning run with Ella.

The woman and the teenager were currently running side by side. Poppy's ponytail was swinging smoothly as she ran. The two girls had been running for twenty minutes now.

"Alright, time for a break." Ella stopped running, gasping a little as she caught her breath back. "Here." Ella handed Poppy her water.

"Thanks." Poppy drank some of her water.

Ella also drank some of water. "So, how do you like running at six o'clock so far?" Ella chuckled.

"Well, I will admit, this morning I was really tired and didn't wanna come. But once we started running I felt awake and better." Poppy smiled.

"Awe, that's amazing." Ella patted Poppy's shoulder. "I'm glad I got out of that bed. Your Uncle Carson snores so loudly." Ella complains.

Poppy laughs, placing her hand over her mouth as she did. "So, you guys are sharing a bed, huh? Does that mean you two are dating now?"

"I guess you could say that, yeah." Ella blushed.

"So that means you're my aunt now, hm? Do I call you Auntie Ella or Aunt Ella?" Poppy inquires.

"I prefer Auntie Ella." The brunette haired woman laughed. "Anyways, what about you? I know you're only 14, but are you in any sort of relationship?" Ella wondered. "I mean, I had my first boyfriend at 12." Ella laughed.

"Well, my first ever crush was this boy called Warren. But him and my old best friend Josie, who was his twin sister, moved to Spain. Then when I joined junior high, I met Marcus. As I'm sure you saw on new years eve, me and him kissed." Poppy began explaining the whole situation to Ella. "Anyway, I finally got the guts to talk to him yesterday and I lied and told him the kiss was a mistake."

"Oh, darling. Why would you tell him that?" Ella asked, feeling confused. Ella could see that Poppy cared a lot about Marcus.

"Because I was scared he was gonna reject me." Poppy admitted. "So, instead of him rejecting me, I rejected him."

Ella couldn't help but feel bad for the teenage girl. "Come on, sit down." Ella lead Poppy to a bench. "Look, my advice is you tell Marcus how you feel."

"But he said he wanted to be friends, nothing more." Poppy anxiously fiddled with her bracelets as she and Ella sat down on a bench.

"Well, maybe he only said that because you told him it was a mistake." Ella guessed. "You know? Maybe he didn't wanna admit his true feelings when you just rejected him."

"I only rejected him because I thought he was gonnna reject me." Poppy defended herself. "I've got this massive fear of rejection."

"I know, I know." Ella nodded. "Look, just tell him the truth."