♡Chapter 24♡

{Poppy's outfit}

{Poppy's outfit}

Everyone, except Jesse, was sat at the kitchen table eating their food.

"This is great fried chicken." Danny hummed in delight.

"Joey, this could be your most delicious meal of the year." Poppy cheekily smiled over at the Gladstone man.

"Well, thanks. I was a little nervous at first, but once I actually drove up to the take out window. I felt strong." Joey said, revealing he actually hadn't cooked the meal.

Danny chuckled. "Let's clean up." Danny says.

Both DJ and Stephanie stand up before Danny or Joey can.

"No, no, no, sit. We'll clean up." DJ began taking everyone's plates to the sink.

"It's our pleasure to serve you." Stephanie helped out as well.

Joey and Danny turn to Poppy, expecting her to help out too.

"What?" Poppy shrugs.

"Nothing." The two men shake their heads in amusement.

"For dessert I am proud to present pudding." Joey held up a plate of pudding cups.

"None for me. I have big karate tournament this weekend. I wanna stay lean and mean." DJ informed her family.

"Here, Michelle. Kung fu this." Joey held out a breadstick to Michelle.

Michelle broke the breadstick.

"Good job." Poppy high-fives the toddler.

Danny looked over at his youngest daughter who was sat in her high chair. "Michelle, you haven't eaten a thing. Don't like your potatoes?"

"Cookie." Michelle babbled out.

"Doesn't that chicken look good?" Joey tried to convince Michelle to eat the chicken.

"Cookie." Michelle repeated herself.

"Okay, here are some Boston baked cookies."
Danny lied as he held a spoonful on beans close to Michelle's mouth.

"Beans." Michelle scrunched her nose up, not falling for her fathers tricks.

"Oh, yes. My mistake." Danny put the spoon down, realising his daughter wouldn't even attempt to eat the food.