♡Chapter 53♡

{Poppy's outfit}

{Poppy's outfit}

DJ and Poppy were dressed and ready for school. As the two girls headed downstairs, Stephanie followed them.

"DJ! Poppy! How come you two are going to school so early?" Stephanie inquired.

"Because we are." Poppy shrugged.

"What kind of answer is that?" Stephanie asked as she stood in their way.

DJ pushed her sister out of their way. "It's the kinda answer you get when we don't wanna tell you something."

"Are you meeting somebody? It it Kevin? Is it Kimmy? Is it Kylie? Is it Hayley?" Stephanie guessed.

"Keep your nose out of mine and Poppy's business." DJ rolled her eyes as she placed her books into her backpack.

"How rude!" Stephanie stormed upstairs.

"I'm gonna go get my lunch." Poppy tells DJ as she walks into the kitchen where she saw her dad. "Morning." Poppy smiled. "Deej and I are gonna leave for school, so could I have some money for lunch?" Poppy extended her hand out, waiting for cash to be placed in her hands.

"Poppy, I've told you this before; I won't be giving you money for your lunch anymore since I'll be making your lunch." Jesse reminds his daughter.

Poppy rolled her eyes. "Ugh! I miss the days when you were a pushover." Poppy pouted.

"Jesse! Can you come down here?" Joey shouted from his bedroom.

"Alright!" Jesse shouted back. "Uh, Pops, here's your lunch." Jesse handed his daughter a paper bag full of food.

"Thanks." Poppy took the paper bag. As Poppy watched her dad head downstairs to Joey's bedroom, she grabbed her fathers wallet from the table and took $20 out of it.

<~~~~~~~~>

Poppy has now arrived home from school. The 13 year old walked in the kitchen where she saw Michelle.

"Hey, Michelle. Did you have a good first day at preschool?" Poppy spoke in a soft tone.

Michelle pouts sadly. "Dave flew away."

Poppy furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Who's Dave?"

"The class bird. I let him out of his cage for story time, but he flew out the window." Michelle explains in a sad tone, feeling very guilty. "Everyone hates me."

"Hey, hey, hey." Poppy crouched down to Michelle's height, holding her hands comfortingly. "Nobody hates you."

"A boy in my class called Aaron does. He said I'm a bad girl for letting the bird fly away." Michelle says, clearly upset.