1. New roommate; New trouble.

Kaylee had arrived in college two days before her classes started, giving herself the necessary time to settle in and get acquainted with new people and the new space. She found out all about her schedule, where her classes were and which extra curriculum activities were on offer this term. She liked to be prepared, someone would say. She didn't like the hustle of last minute decisions, of not knowing how to navigate the space around but most of all she hated being unorganized. Her space was neat, and modern. The girl had her room planned out like one of those rooms in fancy magazines, well she did have some last minute shopping left but everything was coming along.

That's until....

Until her new roommate decided to show up, the last day before their classes started. The girl that entered the room was carrying two big suitcases that she kicked inside with her legs as she was busy locking the door behind her. Kaylee looked up from her laptop, curiously, almost typing the wrong thing on her computer.

"H-Hello..better late than never, huh?"

"Far from late, actually. I was thinking of skipping first class. Boring introductions and shit, that's just plain unnecessary if you'd ask me."

"You call that unnecessary? First of all, teachers usually go through the year's exam dates and--"

"Let me guess, I'm roomies with a fucking nerd. Jesus, why did I even let my mom convince me to move in here?"

"Hey, you barely even know me."

Kaylee shut her laptop angrily. Looking up at the auburn, she couldn't believe the attitude coming off the shorter girl.

"I don't need to get to know you, sweetheart. Just one look at you and I can tell you.."

"Go on. Like we're not going to be living together for a whole year."

"If you insist.." Danielle smirked as she moved over into the room, and looked around a bit more. Kaylee's taste in decor was certainly a bit eccentric, but she decided not to jinx her further.

"Fine, I'll give you a chance to prove me wrong."

"I don't need to prove anything."

Kaylee got up from her bed, crossing her arms defensively. She would offer to help the girl unpack if she wasn't that stuck up.

"Yet you will, only because you care what other people think."

"Whatever, at least I'm not the one making assumptions about people I know nothing about."

Danielle laughed at the other girl's attempt to get her back, she thought she looked somewhat interesting, somewhat annoying, yet cute.

"You know what? I'm actually gonna go out, any good places around here for a drink?"

"I don't drink so I wouldn't know."

"And you were saying.." Danielle got interrupted by a seriously grumpy brunette.

"I'm not a nerd!!!"

"Yeah okay, I'll take your word for it.."

Danielle laughed in amusement, and jingled her room keys in front of Kaylee's face "Well, I'm off to the bar have fun spending your last free afternoon reading, you alpha geek.."