28. Trouble in paradise

"Uh-oh, trouble in paradise?"

"Seriously? Couldn't you keep your mouth shut for once? This was supposed to be between you and me. Why'd you have to expose me like that?"

"Whoa. I barely exposed you sweetheart. I didn't even mention your name or anything like that so calm down, yeah?'

"What'd you think was gonna happen when my girlfriend found out?!"

"That's your problem, not mine. You dragged her along to my event."

"Oh, nice. Was that your plan all along? Blame it all on me when I'm the one who helped you?!"

"There was no plan. And you're not making any sense. I tried to protect us, Kaylee, I really did. I'm sorry I got a bit excited..and a little competitive, truthfully."

"Why?!'

"I wasn't expecting you'd actually turn up with your girlfriend, looking so god damn gorgeous making me wish I was her."

"Oh..." Kaylee froze in place, no words coming to mind. She went completely blank, she couldn't justify the way she felt about the auburn at the moment or why her heart was ready to explode out of her chest.

"Anyway, I should be heading back. Some professors want to speak to me. And don't worry I won't mention your name."

"You better."

Danielle rolled her eyes, still in disbelief that her roommate wasn't trusting her fully but she went along with it anyway. She had already let herself get too carried away with this, while this was supposed to be her big night of celebration.

So she finally decided to forget all about Kaylee, and went out for another round of drinking around town with her art group. She couldn't trust herself to fully forget everything that happened so the easiest way out of this was for a much needed hook up.

This time, Danielle indulged herself with the first girl that responded to her flirting. She just wanted to try and see what the whole fuss was about, but in the process of writing off Kaylee, the brunette was all she could think about. Even when she was crammed in another toilet stall, fucking a random girl.

.
.
.

Next day found the auburn with a well deserved hangover, sunglasses over her heavy eyes and relying on coffee to help her through another 3 hours of classes. She was sitting at one of the picnic tables outside with her friend Bianca who was going on and on about her birthday plans coming this weekend.

"So we definitely need lots of alcohol, and I'll probably need a cheap catering company to provide snacks for the guests so they don't end up throwing up all over the place - are you following?"

"Yeah.." Danielle sipped her coffee slowly. "I can ask my aunt, she's into the cooking industry so she might know."

"Oh that would be amazing! I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Probably hang with less cool people."

The girls laughed, but soon the smile was wiped off Danielle's face when she spotted Kaylee and Lulu walking past holding hands. It looked like they had made up from last night's argument.

"Let me guess. The brunette is still sleeping around with that girl?" Bianca noticed Danielle's starring.

"They are together now."

"Oh, so she's a keeper."

"She could be, for all that I care." Danielle popped her sunglasses back on and sipped her coffee.

"Hot, smart and a keeper. She's the right deal if you ask me."

"Will you stop? If you're that obsessed with her just go give her a blowjob or something."

"You're just mad because you haven't gotten into her pants yet." Bianca snickered.

"Yeah, well it doesn't look like the chances are exactly in my favour. And what's the big deal anyway? I was with a girl last night, and it wasn't anything mind blowing."

"You've been with a girl?! Seriously dude, you're skipping all the good parts!!"

"I was celebrating, I was drunk and I needed to forget. Nothing new there."

"Forget what exactly? What happened?"

Danielle finished her coffee, cursing the damn thing for running out that fast and not giving her enough of the kick she needed. Bianca was looking at her with concern, awaiting an answer.

"It happened that Kaylee knows that I want her. It's too god damn obvious. Especially when she's cumming all over my lap like the good girl she is."

"Whoa. Whoa." Bianca's mouth hangs open. "Are you freaking serious right now? That explains all the weird looks you've been getting from her."

"Trust me, she's got me questioning my sexuality like no other, hell even my whole existence."

"Well, there's only one way to find out if she's the right fit for you. You gotta have her."

"I gotta have her." Danielle repeated in a determined manner.

.
.
.

Later that evening, and after a full day of classes Kaylee finally returned back to her own room for a much needed shower and change of clothes. She had stayed over with Lulu last night as she knew it would be too awkward to face Danielle. She was wiping her hair with a towel when she spotted a little note sitting on her desk, with what looked like her roommate's writing.

"Dinner at 8 tomorrow. Meet me at the main entrance, dress well and don't be late. - D "

Kaylee rolled her eyes, upon remembering the deal they had she cursed herself for agreeing to this in the first place. At least she had enough time to come up with an excuse not to go, knowing her girlfriend would be very opposed to this if she found out.

Once Danielle returned back to the room, just before midnight Kaylee was pretending she was already asleep to avoid her. However, she felt her presence wandering around the room and slowly the weight of her bed shifted slightly as if someone was sitting on it.

"Hey pigeon, are you asleep?" Danielle whispered softly, waiting for a reply but Kaylee wasn't giving her one. "Alright, look I just wanted to say I'm sorry of how last night turned out. I might have handled things the wrong way, and hurt you in the midst of it all."

The brunette sighed and turned herself on the bed, facing the other girl who sounded sincere this time. She was willing to give her a chance.

"Thanks for apologising. But that doesn't mean you get to do whatever you want. There are boundaries, Danielle."

"Boundaries are meant to be crossed sometimes."

"Well, that's your own way of thinking. Which gets you in trouble more often than not."

"I don't mind being in trouble, when it comes to you."

"Me neither.." the brunette sighed softly "..but we can't."

"Keep telling yourself that."

"Please go to sleep, Casanova."

Danielle chuckled and flicked the girl's forehead playfully.

"I'll see you tomorrow for dinner. Goodnight, beautiful." .

"Goodnight.."