4. Stay out of my way.

For once, Kaylee tried to socialize and make herself look approachable but found herself struggling with the way the boys were clearly trying to flirt with her. She wasn't interested in any of them, in fact ever since she can remember she always had crushes on girls.

"You know you can loosen up a little.."

One of the quieter boys approached Kaylee.

"I'm fine, what makes you think I'm not?"

"I can just tell you're closed off. I get it, first days and all that jazz must be difficult for some. I'm Peyton, by the way."

"I'm Kaylee Bryant, it's nice to meet you."

"Likewise. You are very different from your roommate. How do you two get along?"

"Yeah, thanks god. I guess I'm making it up as we go? Seeing what works and not with her."

"Does anything ever work with her though?"

"Uhh- it's too early to tell. Why?"

"I've tried speaking to her but she straight up ignored me. I don't know how Leo even got in her pants already."

"T-They did it already?"

"Well, he's bragging about it so they must have. I just don't get her, you know? Why does the good guy never get a chance?"

"Oh, you fancy her?" Kaylee got slightly surprised. Looks like her roommate had already done some damage.

"Fancy her..nah, I guess she's got my attention for sure but I don't know if it's worth it."

"She's got everyone's attention.." Kaylee thought but didn't really say anything. Simply watching the other girl sitting on that boy's lap laughing at random jokes made her think. Could it really be that Danielle was the centre of her attention too that night? Why was her laugh so sweet and contagious? Why did she look so carefree and genuine? Nope, Kaylee knew better than falling for such a type. Kaylee knew what her roommate was actually like and it was far from the good girl show she was putting on.

"Hey everyone, how about a round of never have I ever?"

"Sure, let's play!"

"I'll start.." Leo said confidently. "Never have I ever lied about my age."

Everyone except Kaylee sipped their drinks.

"Well, no suprise there." Danielle giggled while looking at her roommate teasingly.

"Shut it-"

"Kaylee why don't you go next?"

"Okay- umm, never have I ever cheated on an exam.."

"Seriously??"

Everyone drank again.

"You guys, are you serious.."

"No comment." Leo said with a smirk while sipping his drink, and pulling Danielle into his arms more while kissing her neck.

"Peyton you're next."

"Shit. Well, never have I ever cheated on my girlfriend."

Two boys drank. The girls took the win on this one.

"Danielle? Give us a good one."

"Never have I ever watched lesbian censored movies.." She smirked, looking at the boys who were all forced to drink once again.

Kaylee was slowly boiling up like a red tomato. She didn't really want to reveal herself by drinking, but she was far too shy to admit she had some occasional curiosity here and there.

"Is there anyone else that's supposed to drink?"

Danielle pushed it.

"All the guys did."

"Yeah, but girls could watch too?"

"If they're lesbians."

"Yeah, but not necessarily. I would watch it, it's hot."

Kaylee's obvious embarrassment was through the roof at this point, not only she was nearly pushed to reveal her sexuality but found out her roommate's preferences were not what she expected them to be.

"Watch it with me, babe. That's gonna be our next date." Leo joked.

"How romantic." Peyton commented upon hearing them.

"Aw someone's getting a little jealous."

"I wouldn't watch it with ya, guys usually make too disgusting comments. I have some class, you know."

"Yeah, because letting a guy you barely know in your pants is real classy."

Everyone looked at Peyton and his offensive slip up with wide eyes. Most importantly, Danielle was straight up offended and off the boy's lap.

"What makes you think you can have an opinion over my choices? And who the fuck said I've done it with him?"

"He said it."

"Y-You did what?!"

"Listen babe, I only.."

"You're fucking unbelievable. I've only let you kiss me, get over your fucking self will you?"

Danielle walked to the door angrily and Leo ran after her, but she left no room for any more explanations. She was straight up done with him.

"I'm..I'm just gonna go, too.."

Kaylee got up from the floor and chased after the auburn. She barely made it to their room after hearing Danielle shut the door angrily behind them. She could tell the girl was upset.

"That was..shitty. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine.. it's whatever. You could have stayed with them I don't care."

"It wasn't really my scene. You dragged me along, remember?"

"Yeah, I guess you did me a favour."

Danielle cuddled one of her pillows grumpily, for the first time since they met it looked like she was cracking a little.

"Guys have been doing that since forever, you know. Bragging about getting with attractive girls like you, you must get used to that."

"Yeah but the thing is I'm not some kind of slut like everyone thinks."

"I don't think that. And I know for a fact, that Peyton guy likes you and his jealousy got the best of him."

"Well, thanks for the confidence boost, I needed it.."

Danielle looked at Kaylee with a little smile, she wasn't expecting any sympathy from the brunette. Especially not after the way she has been treating her.

"You were however quick to lead him on."

"What's that supposed to mean?? Is there something you know?!"

The brunette felt slightly guilty for creating tension again, when she had just gotten her roommate to calm down.

"Okay, fine. I saw you in the library with him today. You were..I mean there was a lot of.. heat going on."

"And you're just telling me this now?!"

"Relax. I didn't think much of it." Kaylee tried to play it cool.

"Were you spying on me or something, Bryant?"

"No, you actually came to the section where I was..." Kaylee paused, realizing Danielle memorized her last name. "How do you know my last name.."

"I heard you in the boy's room."

"Were you spying on my conversation with Peyton?"

"Ugh, just stay out of my way and I'll stay out of yours. Got it?"