46. All or nothing.

"Uh..I'm gonna..I think I have to..go." Danielle stuttered, not sure if she should open up and say the truth, whether this was the right moment to do so, or even if she was ready to admit it yet. She walked out of the bathroom and she disappeared into thin air.

"But Danielle, this conversation is not over.."

The brunette lingered at the bathroom even after the other girl had left. Kaylee felt rejected and empty, she deserved an answer, even if she didn't get to hear what she wanted she deserved to know the truth and that wasn't happening today or every other time she tried to get to the bottom of it. Instead, Danielle fled the scene like some kind of criminal.

The whole day went by, and both girls did not communicate with each other in any sort of way. Kaylee returned to the dorm to find the suitcases missing which meant Danielle was already on her way.

"I guess this is goodbye."

The brunette plopped down on her bed, feeling betrayed and hurt from today's events with her roommate. She even ignored answering her girlfriend's messages which soon turned into calls that were also left unanswered. The only person Kaylee could use right now was her own sister.

/on the phone/

"You know it's been an awful long time without hearing my favourite sister in the world! College cannot be this busy!" Jenny growls at her sister on the phone.

"Sorry- um.. between studying, partying, and dating..my plate is literally overflowing right now.."

"Look at you, miss popular. You're multitasking AND being cool while doing it, I'm so proud of you."

"Is that because you thought I would never have a normal college life?"

"Well, I wouldn't say I didn't hope you did but now that you have, I'm just super pumped for you. You get to have all those experiences."

"Yeah, ehm..not all experiences are worth dying for exactly..."

"Why do I sense trouble? Are you in trouble, little sister?"

"My love life is in crisis."

"Oh no- what did that bitch do to you?!"

"Lulu did nothing. I barely see her lately, which is better that way. But..it's someone else that's on my mind and honestly she's driving me crazy."

"Go on..."

"It's complicated..and wrong, and you will probably tell me off."

"TELL ME NOW."

"OKAY- I..think I am in love with my roommate."

"I knew it! I fucking knew it!"

"Please don't start-"

"So you're seeing her behind your girlfriend's back? Kaylee that's..naughty."

"She makes me want to do things like that. Things I would never picture myself enjoying. And I think she has feelings for me too, I can see it in the way she looks at me, I can see it through her actions. She's being gentle and caring and giving me time for my studies and she wants me so much and I want her so much more. But..when I asked her today she just left me. She ran off, and it was fucking pathetic. I'm fucking pathetic for thinking we even had a chance."

"Whoa, slow down. Did you ever consider that she's afraid of being hurt? Knowing you, and how you prefer going steady and how you are already taken maybe she's afraid her feelings won't be reciprocated or won't matter at all. You're asking her a lot, but you're only willing to do so much for her back which is unfair."

"What if I'm wrong and I break up with Lulu over nothing? What if she moves on the second she has me all conquered. She tends to play like that and I don't wanna be one of those girls."

"Is it really worth lying to someone just because you need a safe net? Either way, you're lying to Lulu and will end up hurting her whether you decide to stay or not. So it's better to own up to it now, and have a shot at getting Danielle to confess."

"I guess you're right. Lying is really wrong and Lulu has to know how I feel. I'm gonna invite her tonight to talk about it. Danielle is gone anyway, I won't be seeing her for several days so that will give me some peace of mind."

"Maybe that's good. Maybe time will help her get her shit together and after she comes back you can figure out your stuff together."

/that night in Kaylee's room/

There's a knock on the door and Kaylee gathers herself, giving herself a quick mental pep talk before walking towards it and inviting her girlfriend inside.

"Well, this is a change. You never invite me to your room anymore."

"Danielle's not here. We've got the room to ourselves tonight."

"I like the sound of that." Lulu wraps her arms around the brunette, making her stumble forward and into her embrace. "I've been missing you lately.."

"Sorry I've been studying for this major test I've got coming up.."

"Shh, less talk more kissing." Lulu tries to aim for the brunette's lips but she effortlessly pulls away from the kiss.

"What's wrong?"

"S-Sorry..um..I think we need to talk."

"That doesn't sound good."

"Please hear me out."

Lulu takes a seat on Kaylee's bed, not letting go of her hands. The brunette looked more and more concerned and Lulu got this feeling that something was really wrong. She was preparing herself for the worst.

"I haven't been honest with you lately. Not seeing you wasn't just because I was too busy studying. I was also trying to figure out my feelings. I'm very confused, Lu. I think I'm in love with someone else."

"What?! Who's that someone else?"

"It doesn't matter. However, I can't do this with you anymore, I don't want to lie and pretend that I'm in love when I'm not. You deserve so much better than that."

"So you're telling me I've been living through a lie all this time?"

"I know it sounds terrible, but I wanted to come clean with the truth."

"Kaylee, have you been with that person already?"

"I-I have..I'm really sorry.."

"Ugh, you're disgusting. I would never think you'd be this kind of person, maybe your roommate got into your head after all because there's no explanation. I thought you were decent, but turns out you're not. Have fun screwing whoever you are screwing!!"