18. You got yourself into this.

"Yeah– I'm sorry little sist but you had a bit too much, don't you think?"

Kaylee stumbled over to her bed with the help of her twin while Danielle moved over to her own watching the scene with amusement.

"Are you going to leave now?!" Kaylee groans in a child-like manner.

"Well, yeah it's getting pretty late. And you have a roommate to take care of you so I think it's time to get an Uber. But this has been fun." Jenny tucks in her sister.

"We should definitely do it again.." Kaylee mumbles from under her sheets.

"Don't worry she's in good hands.." Danielle says while watching them from her bed.

"I swear if you do anything to her–" the blonde glared back whispering at the auburn "I'm gonna make it my personal job to make your life hell."

"Relax. You can actually trust me. She's been fine so far living with me.."

Danielle walked the blonde to the door, wanting to get rid of her at last so she could be left alone with the other girl.

"Call me if you need anything, no matter the time. Here's my number."

"Nah, I'll be too busy having sex with your sister to call."

Jenny froze at the door, her eyes widening at the girl's bold choice of words but before she opened her mouth Danielle cracked a laugh and leaned against the door seemingly relaxed.

"Just kidding. Come on, dude. Time to go. Adiós.."

"Ugh, I swear you're freaking unbelievable." The blonde rolled her eyes and finally left the room.

Danielle closed the door gently, trying not to disturb the brunette's sleep as her sister left. She gathered the empty bottles and threw them in the trash bin then she moved over to the other girl's bed, making sure her body was completely covered with the bed covers so she doesn't get cold.

Upon doing so she heard Kaylee mumbling a quiet 'thank you' in her sleep, which made her smile softly but before she was able to go Kaylee grabbed her wrist stopping her.

"Why didn't you answer?"

"I thought you were asleep, Kaylee."

"No, I mean before.." the brunette opened her sleepy eyes, tagging at the other girl's hand needily as if she didn't want her to leave just yet.

"You mean when we were playing that stupid drinking game?"

"Yeah. There's got to be something that you like about me."

"There is." Danielle gulped nervously, she was holding onto the idea that Kaylee wouldn't remember much of their conversation tomorrow.

"Tell me then. Don't be so daft."

"I..I just didn't want to mention it in front of your sister."

Kaylee was feeling slightly more awake now, her curiosity sparking to the idea that Danielle was about to confess something and she desperately wanted to know what it was.

"Go on, you didn't get me this drunk for nothing.." she teased and the auburn arched an eyebrow.

"You got yourself drunk, silly. "

"You're stalling."

"Shut up."

Danielle rolled her eyes and finally settled on the edge of the bed, looking down at the brunette who was looking messy yet still pretty in that state. She reached a hand up to her face, tucking some strands of hair behind her ear as Kaylee was waiting patiently and anticipating an answer.

"Okay so remember how I barged into the shower the other day because of what happened? I was expecting you to turn me away or make fun of me."

"I would never make fun of you for crying and opening up to me."

"I like the way you make me feel safe and you get me for who I truly am. You reminded me that it's okay to be vulnerable sometimes."

"You don't open up to people a lot, do you?"

"No, I had a hard time opening up ever since..."

"Ever since when?"

"Uh– never mind. I already answered your question and it's getting pretty late, you should probably sleep."

"You did, yeah. So was the naked hug part alright then?"

"I was hoping you wouldn't mention that."

Danielle poked Kaylee's forehead who was giggling like a child, her face had already heated up just by thinking about that moment in the shower between them. It was just a friendly hug between friends, right?

"Well, I'm gonna give you a heads up before barging in next time that's for sure."

"You shouldn't make any promises.."

"Whatever, now go to sleep Bryant. Don't blame me if you're late to class tomorrow."

"Definitely blaming you."

Kaylee teased and Danielle shook her head while also laughing shortly as she walked to her bed. The brunette loved the way she could make the other girl laugh and promised herself she would always try her best to do that no matter the situation.

.
.
.

The next morning the auburn found herself enjoying a cup of coffee during her mid-day break and catching up with her friend Bianca at the cafeteria. Without meaning to, she was stressing over the drawing competition.

"Didn't see much of you since the weekend, I've missed ya!"

"I've been staying in most nights. I'm practicing for this drawing competition coming up on Friday. I have to submit my piece by then."

"Oh, sounds fascinating."

"Not so much when I'm missing a key component."

"What do you mean by that?"

"It would help if I had a real person to model for me, I could then work on the finer details and get a much better result."

"What are you waiting for then? Just go around and ask people– they won't be able to resist such face as yours."

"Yeah, they will most likely turn me down if I mention it involves getting naked and posing for possibly more than an hour."

"We are in college, Dan. People do much worse than just posing naked. Here I'm gonna give you a hand.." Bianca turns to the table of girls behind them.

"Would anyone be interested in becoming a model for a project? It's for a good cause."

"Paying involved?"

Danielle clicks her tongue at the first girl that responded. She can't believe people are asking to be paid for this but then again nothing comes for free.

"I can buy you a coffee?" She offers.

"How about you take me out and buy me a real drink instead?"

Bianca elbowed her friend, who was literally not responding at that point. Ever since her and Kaylee started being roomates, and basically sharing a closer bond her perception about girls had changed completely. In any other case, she wouldn't hesitate to have a girl exposed in front of her but this time she felt nervous and unsure about this. Was she starting to question her sexuality perhaps?

"She will accept."

"It's settled then. Your room, tonight."

"Maybe I should become a painter too, damn."  Bianca laughed as Danielle noted her room number down and gave it to the girl. Little did she know her plan was not going to work out the way she wanted it to.