47. Make up over the phone.

It's been two days since Kaylee broke things off with her girlfriend, living in an empty dorm with no distractions which was supposed to help her focus back on her studies but instead Kaylee's mind was consumed by tormenting thoughts about where Danielle was and what was she doing, or who she was doing.  Because she was definitely not over the fact that Danielle was implying she might meet up and draw other girls. That seemed to be a moment they had shared together, and Kaylee (and her body) was supposed to be her inspiration, the point where the spark and everything else started between them and it was unique to them, so having someone do what they did would be reckless.

After following her sister's advice the brunette felt like coming clean was the better choice, now she could go after the girl she liked even though she didn't know where the two stood. A phone call was about to clear things up soon. Kaylee was alone in her room that evening revising one last time for her big test before the half term, when she heard her phone buzzing. Whoever it was, they could wait she thought. The phone kept buzzing for the second time, and the brunette started getting curious at this point, who was insisting so much? Maybe her ex wanted to have another go at her?

Kaylee reached for her phone which was left on her bed buzzing, her heart skipping a beat when she saw the name that popped up and the picture she had chosen for that specific person.

Danielle 😈 calling..

/on the phone/

"You told me to call you, and when I decide to do so you're not picking up."

"I just did."

"After 3 tries."

"You'd give up that easily?"

"I'd never give up when it comes to you, Kaylee. You know that. I'm just messing."

"Oh..." Kaylee froze, she was not expecting to hear something like this when she was trying to decipher the situation after Danille straight up left her.

"I hope I wasn't interrupting something."

"No, I was alone. The only thing you interrupted was my revising, which can wait."

"Oh, cool. How are you finding studying without interruptions from your annoying ass roommate?"

"You're not annoying. And it's nice. Manageable. But I'm not getting too much done."

"Manageable?" Danielle giggles softly. "You better ace that test or else I won't be impressed. You've been nagging this whole semester about needing to do well."

"And you better hurry up and come back soon.." Kaylee blurts out randomly without meaning to.

"Hmm, is that your way of saying you missed me?!"

"No, I just..it's way too quiet without you here."

"So you missed me."

"I didn't."