24. What is it gonna take?

After several more drinks, timid stares and the unraveling thought of what happened in that bathroom stall or in this case what more could have happened, Danielle saw the brunette leaving with her date, in fact holding hands with her and rushing out of the building, leading her to believe there was more to follow. And honestly, the girl would be a fool not to have the brunette screaming her name, although for her own sake she tried to shake off the thoughts of the possibility. Her own blood was boiling just thinking about it, her head felt heavy as hell and her vision slowly going blurry at times. She was heavily intoxicated and thankfully she had decent enough friends to call an Uber for her.

Danielle reached her dorm a little after 3 in the morning, and didn't expect Kaylee to be there. She also didn't expect how much that would bother her. With that much alcohol running through her body, and her hormones enraged after that bathroom exchange, she couldn't imagine what she would do to the girl if she was around. After a few more hours of twisting and turning in her bed, thinking about what her roommate was doing, the auburn finally convinced herself she had to stop obsessing over her and the situation. All that it was anyway, was two roommates slightly tipsy, heavily turned on who just took the opportunity. Yeah, that's exactly it, she thought.

In the morning, her alarm might not have successfully woke her up but the banging on her door definitely did. Danielle woke up a mess, cursing whoever was insisting on waking her up.

"Bianca, what the hell?"

"Hey sleepyhead, rough night?"

"Yeah, kinda. What do you want? I'm still in dream land for your information."

"Uh- no you aren't. We had arranged for coffee this morning remember?"

"Oh, yeah I kinda forgot. Sorry strong hangover, big night. But give me a few minutes I'll get myself ready."

"You look like you need the coffee, no offence.." the other girl laughs as she's invited in.

"Old news." Danielle laughed and started taking her clothes off in front of the other girl, changing into cleaner ones. She made sure to spray some deodorant while doing so and brush her teeth after. Bianca was sitting on her bed, watching her and she might or might not have enjoyed the whole stripping off her clothes thing, but she had to remind herself the auburn was off limits.

"Where's the brunette?" Bianca asked while tapping her fingers on the bedsheets.

"Somewhere, getting her hands dirty I assume." Danielle answers from the bathroom where she was doing some light make up.

"Hmm, she's getting some then. I guess you two haven't made any progress?"

"We might have."

"Ohhh, do tell."

"Nope. Not telling ya a thing." Danielle winked as she walked past the other girl opening the door and gesturing at her.

"Comeeee on, make my morning." Bianca walked out of the room with Danielle who was twisting her key in her fingers.

"Not before you answer a question for me."

"What's the question?"

"Remember you said you wanted to have her too? It was either you or me, you turned it into a little competition."

"Now that you mention it. The girl must be doing something right if she has that many chasing after her. So what if I want in? Get a little taste?

"Yeah, about that. She's strictly off limits so don't even think about it."

"Wait, what? Says who?"

Funny enough while the girls were walking down the hall, they saw a familiar face walking back to the room, it was none other than Kaylee doing the walk of shame, apparently. They both shut up the minute she showed up, but it was then when Danielle and the brunette exchanged looks, a puzzled look on the auburn's face as she didn't know exactly how to feel, why seeing Kaylee knowing where she's been enraged her so much. The brunette simply smiled politely at them and walked back at the room holding her breath.

"Dude, what the hell? Something is definitely going on between you two!!"

Bianca nudged the auburn after Kaylee was off their sight, seeing how Danielle's mood completely changed after seeing her but it was all in vain as she wasn't elaborating further.

"Buy me a coffee, and you might get lucky."

Later that day, Danielle reminded herself that weekends are not just for partying or hanging out with friends or just flirting in general but she actually needed to catch up with her uni work. She spent several hours on the library computer researching and reading articles, the sight of her with her loose button up shirt, and her auburn messy hair gracefully down her back captured several eyes, to say the least. However, she wasn't interested in any of the bystanders giving her attention as her mind was still occupied with images from yesterday. Later on, after wanting to return a book she had been reading she headed to the business section but the damn shelf was too tall for her. During her attempt of putting the book back, she felt a hand on her back slightly applying pressure to steady her so she wouldn't fall and another hand reaching for the book to put it back. From the height difference and the pure soft touch which felt a little familiar there was only one person who came to mind, Kaylee.

"Oh, I had it."

"Most people say thank you." Kaylee smiled nonetheless from the close contact.

"Come on, I know you wanna say it." Danielle turned around, the unexpected close stance giving her butterflies suddenly.

"Say what?"

"A ridiculous comment about my height? Everybody does."

"Not me. Plus I like our height difference."

"Why?" Danielle got curious.

"You're easier to work with."

"In what sense?" Danielle leaned back against the bookshelf to give herself some space as Kaylee wasn't backing away, and this intimate stance led her mind to other places.

"You'll figure it out." Kaylee smiled once more casually, actually it couldn't be helped at times when she saw Danielle. Call it a nervous habit when she was around her.

"You're up early, I thought you would be crushing after last night's...adventure." Danielle bit her lower lip, thoughts from last night still flooding her mind, however she knew she was not entirely responsible for the brunette's whereabouts.

"I'll call it an early night tonight. I needed to catch up with some work today so I needed to get myself sorted."

Kaylee watched every reaction of the other girl, especially her stance against the bookshelf and how the buttons of her shirt were undone nearly down to her chest leaving a lot to imagination. She was a tease, by simply existing that one.

"Let's do something relaxing tonight then. Considering this time I won't be stood up."

Danielle suddenly suggests, spotting where Kaylee was looking over her shirt. At the same time she led some fingers over the white buttons, playing with them nervously trying to attract more attention there out of all places.

"I-I can't.." Kaylee said somewhat stuttering, her mind occupied with the sight in front of her. Fuck why is she so god damn beautiful.

"Why not? Don't I deserve some of your time too, Bryant?" Danielle hooked a finger fully around the button this time, pulling it and it came right off. This time the gap allowed Kaylee a bit of view of the girl's bra. Unknowingly, Danielle was wearing her favourite colour from yesterday.

"F-fuck.." Kaylee cleared her throat. "Uhm, pardon my french." She laughed nervously, facepalming herself internally. "I just have plans.."

"Fine. If wine and dessert doesn't win you over I don't know what will."