22. Valentine's gone wrong

A little while Danielle and her friend group were bar hopping and doing shots in different bars due to celebrating their art admissions, she coincidentally landed at the same place Kaylee was taken by her date. It didn't take long for the girls to notice each other, and the evident disbelief and look of discomfort showed on the brunette's face while being distracted with the auburn's presence right there and then.

Typically, the brunette would go all in and focus solely on the person she was with especially when it came to dating, but this time apparently the auburn was causing a lot of distraction to her. Not only did she look smoking hot in her outfit, but she had that thing about her it was the type of confidence that attracted anyone lucky enough to be in her presence that night.

"Hey, you seem distracted.." Lulu waved a hand eagerly trying to get the brunette to look back at her and finish their conversation.

"Yeah, sorry. You were saying?"

"Topic was love, remember? And I asked you if you'd rather have a short burst of really strong passion with someone or a long term kind of love?"

"Right– tough question. I guess I was.."

Kaylee's words faded off, her eyes following one direction specifically where Danielle was now seated right across her in another table. The auburn beauty was facing the brunette and leaning in to her friend whispering something that was apparently funny because it made her laugh.

"I was always the type of person who wanted a forever kind of love like the one you see in movies and..."

The brunette's mind started playing tricks on her because she could swear Danielle was talking about her because the other girl was pointing straight at her, and laughing in the process as if she had just gotten into some really good dirt on her.

"And...?"

"And I've never really.." Kaylee cleared her throat, her eyes darting back and forth between her date and the auburn in pure confusion.

"Never really been caught up in a really passionate kind of love before, not that it would phase me really."

"It wouldn't?" Lulu sounded surprised. At the same time she had gotten a tad bit suspicious about Kaylee's eyes slipping away from her. "Would you be willing to test it out?"

"I'm not really interested in that. If I'm going to invest in someone then I'd rather have something long term with them. I get pretty attached you see.."

While Lulu was expressing her own opinion on the issue, Kaylee's eyes were now glued to her phone as she was drastically seeking answers from the auburn and missed out on listening to the other girl.

Kaylee: Are you following me, or something? Plus, you better not be spilling out our secret to your art mates!!

Danielle's phone buzzed in her pocket of her leather jacket, she pulled it out curious to see who was messaging her and prayed it wasn't one of Leo's desperate messages.

Danielle: I get enough of you in the dorm, love. So, no. And I haven't said a word. But my friend does think you look a bit familiar.

Kaylee: Okay, listen to me. I don't want anyone finding out, especially while I'm on a date.

Danielle: Afraid of what she will think of you posing naked for me? Well, tell her I beat her to it already.

Kaylee took a shaky breath while reading the last message, trying to keep her cool so she wouldn't give away the fact that she was messaging her roommate who was as usual, extremely provoking and annoying.

Kaylee: You'd love to ruin it for me, wouldn't you?

Danielle: I'd love to rub it in her face.

Kaylee: Not a word, to ANYONE.

Danielle snickered down at the screen of her phone, she could imagine Kaylee's face while she was internally angry.

Danielle: You might have to buy my silence then.

Kaylee: You and me. Bathroom. Now.

The brunette shortly came up with a reason to use the bathroom and excused herself, walking angrily towards the back of the bar. Once she entered she spotted a group of girls, retouching their make up, one of the stalls was occupied and the other one free. She decided to step into the free one, she didn't want to have a full open conversation in the bathroom in case these people went to her college so she opted for more privacy. Danielle followed after several minutes and upon hearing the signature clanging of her boots against the floor she unlocked the door and signaled her to come in.

"This is cozy." Danielle laughed while following the brunette in one of the stalls.

"Shut up." Kaylee crossed her arms while standing in front of the door now. "You have some explaining to do."

"Look, I wasn't going to say anything but the painting was too realistic and people are starting to realize."

"Can't you just say it was someone else?"

"No, I would love to see your girlfriend's face when she realizes you're not as innocent as you look."

"Why are you turning this into a competition!?" Kaylee raised her voice slightly. Her blood was boiling, as anger was building up inside her. "Just because you have a fucked up dating life, doesn't mean you have to ruin mine!"

"Competition? You think I'm interested in you? Cute." Danielle crossed her arms defensively and scoffed.

"I bet you've looked at that painting more times that you'd like to admit."

"I bet you've looked at me changing clothes more times than you'd like to admit."

Kaylee's face started boiling again, but for a different reason. This time she felt a wave of intimidation. She turned her gaze anywhere but the girl's eyes.

"You're being too obvious. It's like you want me to stare.." the brunette mumbled.

"What was that?" Danielle asked in a authoritative voice. "Are you gonna start with me wanting to be desired by everyone bullshit again?"

"No. Now I know it's not everyone." Kaylee gulped nervously, picking up her confidence to face this"It's just me that you want to notice you."