8. From friends, to enemies.

Having acquired Leo's phone, Kaylee knew it wouldn't be long before the boy would start looking for it and throwing accusations. She didn't worry about that as much as she was worried about her roommate being exposed. She didn't deserve that after all.

Back in the room, Kaylee connected the phone to her laptop and put her programming skills in place to break Leo's password and get inside his phone. It wasn't an easy job, in fact it took about an hour of trial and error. At that point, Danielle finally woke up from her slumber (rightfully in her own bed this time) and spotted the brunette wearing her dorky glasses and working on her computer.

"Am I interrupting your studying or something?" She said with a sleepy voice while stretching her arms.

"No, I'm not studying. I'm breaking into your boyfriend's phone." The brunette said sarcastically.

"Kaylee, he is not my boyfriend.."

Danielle sat up with curiosity, she couldn't actually believe Kaylee went for his phone. How did she even get her hands on it?

"You know..." she paused, trying to collect her composure "maybe it's not the best idea, I don't wanna get you into trouble."

"You already have."

Kaylee answered back immediately without taking her eyes off the screen. She had almost cracked the password.

"Will you just stop and look at me for a minute?!"

"What's wrong? I thought this is what you wanted, isn't it?"

"Yeah, I just..how can I say this? Umm, I don't want you to see those pictures Kaylee.."

Kaylee paused from her work and looked up, she wasn't even convinced Danielle had said that. What was she so embarrassed of?

"Why not?"

"Because they are private..."

"Afraid I'm gonna think you're too hot or something?" Kaylee laughed shyly, and then realized what she just said.

"Asshole. Just tell me when you crack his code and I can delete them myself."

"Okay, I'm done here you can take over if you want."

The auburn shot herself on the other bed and settled next to the brunette, who was now gazing away from the screen to give her some privacy. Danielle opened the pictures one by one, and started deleting them but noticed the brunette was actually stealing glances here and there. She didn't know whether her roommate was simply curious or if it was something more than that.

"I'm done here, they're all gone. Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, what is it?"

"Do you think I'm hot after seeing all my pictures even though I told you not to?"

Kaylee widened her eyes at the question. Did Danielle notice she was glancing at her pictures? Shit shit shit. She was straight up caught.  The brunette turned red.

"Umm, why would you ask that? You already got what you wanted."

The brunette closed her laptop, clearly embarrassed she tried to make a run for it but Danielle placed a hand on her thigh, keeping her in place. She was smirking as if she was trying to force answers out of the brunette.

"Answer me. You're into girls, right? So your opinion matters.."

Kaylee was nearly having a heart attack, first she was caught starring at Danielle's exposed body now the girl herself had pinned her down on her bed and there was nowhere to escape to. Did she even want to escape?

"You know what I think? I think you're full of yourself Danielle. You want to be desired by everyone, like this is some kind of game."

The auburn was not expecting to hear such an answer, especially not when Kaylee was looking like a hot mess a minute ago just by staring at her pictures. However, the girl meant every single word that came out of her mouth and didn't try to take it back, even if she saw the hurt in those blue enigmatic eyes.

"Screw you, Bryant."

"Not even in your wildest dreams."

Danielle rolled her eyes, the brunette was on a roll today she thought, even all that arrogance in her attitude was unusual. She was seriously starting to develop a sense of hatred for the girl, or what is something else?

Not a moment after, they heard several knocks on their door. It was Leo. They were definitely in trouble as he was pounding against the door like crazy.

"Shit. Let me handle this."

Danielle opens the door.

"Whatever the fuck you are doing with my phone you're gonna give it back NOW."

"Relax, I can keep it as long as I want since it has my personal photos on it. Don't you think?" Danielle said to provoke him further.

"You took those photos yourself, Danielle. Did you forget already!?"

"I was fucking wasted, did you even think that this is not something I would normally do??"

"Well, sorry sweetheart but you can get like that pretty much every time you get drunk. Not my problem anymore."

"What were you planning to do with the photos anyway?? Were they good for jack off material, huh??"

"That's none of your business!!"

"Actually it is, in fact I deleted them all so there's that!"

"You hacked into my phone??"

"I did, and here you can have that stupid thing back and leave us the fuck alone now."

The auburn threw the phone and the boy caught it mid air. He couldn't really report her to anyone seeing he would expose himself.

"Do not come near me again, got it?" The boy shoved his phone in his pocket.

"Trust me, you were not my type anyway."

Danielle closed the door on the boy's face and walked back inside, running a few fingers through her hair to soothe herself from that heated argument. Kaylee had overheard the whole conversation but was now sitting at her desk trying to study, so she completely ignored whatever was going on.

"Can you believe he had the audacity to pin it on me?! Good thing you went and got his phone."

There was no reply from the brunette. Danielle frowned. She needed Kaylee's attention.

"Kaylee?"

"Is that your way of saying thanks?"

The brunette mumbled not really in the mood for any more drama.

"Look, I'm gonna repay the favour. Just name the price. Anything really."

"How about you leave me alone for once so I can get on with my studying? I've already wasted half of my Sunday on you and your drama."

"Oh..wow." Danielle was slightly offended, and hurt. She didn't know her roommate could make her feel like this in.

"Fine. I'm getting out of your way then, Kaylee. Let me know when it's convenient enough for me to come back to my own fucking room, yeah?"

"Will do."

"Great."

Danielle grabbed her jacket angrily and headed off, leaving the brunette with a sense of guilt. Kaylee looked back at the auburn slamming the door and sighed, all this back and forth between them was seriously messing with her head, her studying and most of all, her feelings. For a fact she couldn't stand all the drama her roommate was creating, and how complicated her life was. On the other hand, something drew her in and she was developing a clear interest in the auburn which she couldn't really control. Which one was it gonna be?