50. A study session

The clock was ticking and the girls took their time rolling in bed, exchanging kisses and warm cuddles like a couple would do without caring about classes or anyone else at this point. Danielle was completely recovered from what the brunette had in store for her this morning, but kept thinking about it as if it was something she wanted to do over and over with her. When she finally decided to check her phone, she realized what time it was and she made herself aware that the brunette also had a test coming up.

"Wait- Kaylee don't you have classes today?"

"Yeah, I do. But I'd rather spend the day in bed with you. Although my test is tomorrow.."

"Saying that, you should probably get back to studying soon. Actually, I can test you and make sure you're ready for it."

Kaylee laughs sweetly.

"You'd do that for me? You'd skip your own classes to help me prepare?"

"Of course. You know what? We're probably in need of a strong coffee and a good breakfast if we are about to do this."

"You're being extremely nice, again."

"Maybe I'm looking to be rewarded after." Danielle smirks attractively and lets herself move out of the girl's arms so she could dress up and fetch them breakfast.

"Oh, that's your motive. I should have known."

Kaylee says teasingly and just stretches her arms a bit, sleeping in wasn't something she'd allow herself to do but once in a while it felt nice especially with Danielle around.

"Okay I'm gonna head to the cafeteria, anything specific you'd like?"

"Yes, maybe a few croissants please? Or anything sweet would do really, I need my sugar levels spiked up if I'm gonna be revising all day."

"Well– revising all day now that's not what I had in mind when I said I'd test you, Bryant."

"Oh, what did you have in mind then? Returning the favour as I recite my syllabus out to you?"

"Sounds like fun, love. Count me in."

Both girls laughed at each other as Danielle exited the room and headed to the cafeteria. While she was waiting for her order to be made, someone bumped into her hip and made her mistep to the side, the girl looked angrily at the person next to her who was laughing.

"Welcome back, bitch. Was it tiredness or the lovely brunette that made you miss all of your classes today? Because I didn't see you around, and I missed my best friend for nearly a week."

"Both, but you know me. I can't resist her even if I tried."

"So, I'm guessing you two are out in the open now? Considering she broke up."

"How do you know that?"

"Oh, her ex has been going around telling people about how she cheated on her and that they should stay away."

"She's being so fucking petty. Kaylee came clean and that's gotta count for something."

"Look, it's all a competition. You stole her girl and now she's jealous somebody else is doing it better so she's trying to make herself feel better."

"Has my name been mentioned at all?"

"No, I don't think so.. and I would keep it that way if I were you. Keeping things private can literally save a lot of ugly situations from happening."

"And your brother?"

"My brother will keep his mouth shut unless he wants me to beat his ass."

"God I love you."

"I love you too, even if you don't spend time with me anymore."

"We could change that."

"Let's organise something then, it's been a while. And Kaylee shouldn't be having you all to herself."

"Now you should like a jealous girlfriend." Danielle laughs. "But I get it, look she's currently revising for a big test she has tomorrow and I'm helping her but considering everything goes well we can all go out and celebrate tomorrow?"

"Does celebrating involve drinking and dancing? And a little bit of jinxing your girlfriend?"

"She's not my girlfriend, but yeah it includes all of the above!"

"We can easily change that!"

"That's..a bit early, it's just coffee and croissants for now." Danielle laughs although the thought was playing in her mind.

/back at the dorm/

"I'm back, baby. And I got everything you asked for."

"It smells so nice!" Kaylee was now sitting at her desk, with her usual glasses and her books already set out, her senses picking up on the smell of fresh coffee and breakfast. She had also sliced some fruits in a little bowl for them to snack on.

"Hey, I met up with Bianca at the cafeteria and we had a quick catch up. I know you don't particularly like her but she wants us to go out tomorrow after your test for a celebratory drink."

"Alright, I'm gonna make an effort to like her since she's your closest friend. Let's do it."

"Wow, didn't think you'd agree that easily."

"I'll just have a cider though, too much alcohol lately and it's making me feel unhealthy and gross."

"That's such a dork thing to say."

"I told you I'm gonna kill you if you ever call me a dork again!!" Kaylee set her glasses down and turned around in her chair, she could already tell Danielle was enjoying this.

"I'm just joking, babe. I actually like that you're being yourself and it's fine if you can't handle too much alcohol, I can work with that."

Kaylee was slightly less defensive now and brushed a hand through her hair.

"Okay- can we just get back to studying now I'm kinda stressing a bit it's almost noon."

"Hey, don't worry we'll get through everything and you'll be well prepared by the end of the day I promise plus if you do end up passing your exam I can think of a really nice reward. Now have something to eat please, that croissant is calling for you."

"It definitely is, and now I'm intrigued." Kaylee smiled and felt a bit more comforted, Danielle was always trying to make an effort to meet her somewhere in the middle and that's how they would both get their end of the deal...

/To be continued/