9. I'd tap that, if I were you.

For the first time in a long time Danielle was finding it hard to fit in. For a normal teenager it would be expected to have trouble making friends when it was just the first week, but for the auburn it was different. She was a social butterfly in her previous school and almost always the centre of attention because of her captivating looks, so this felt a bit out of character.

She soon found herself hitting the cafeteria and having coffee on her own. While sipping her drink her phone buzzed with a text message from Leo.

"I have been thinking and I wanna ask sorry for the pictures. Talk about it tonight in my room? Peyton will be out."

Danielle rolled her eyes, she thought the boy was just looking for another excuse to get into her pants. Not again.

"Fucking Leo.."

"Oh, I hope it's not /my/ Leo you're referring to."

A girly voice said from the table behind her.

"Leo Howard? What's him to you?"

"Yep, that's gotta be my little brother."

The girl flashed a gentle smile and grabbed a chair at Danielle's table turning it around the opposite way.

"Mind if I join you..?"

"Not at all. Sit down."

"Okay, so what did that little shit do now?"

"Long story. Probably would need something stronger than coffee to share it."

Then Bianca smirked, pulling something out of her jacket. It was a small flask of whiskey that surely came in handy.

"I got you, girl. I've got just the thing."

"Oh wow– that's a new level of friendship. Share?"

Bianca laughed and shared her flask.

"There are cameras here, so be discreet."

"I like you already, damn."

Danielle spotted the cameras, and tried to take a quick sip from the flask away from them. Then she turned back to the girl and told her all about her and Leo. They were occasionally sharing the flask and laughing about the whole situation. The other girl was as understanding as it could get, and Danielle finally felt like she was making a decent friend.

"Look, don't get him wrong. He's still quite immature, at his stage of raging hormones and stuff..not that it's the best excuse in the world but I kinda get him you know?"

"Yeah, I get what you mean. Hormones are the real issue, even for us girls..." Danielle laughed.

"Plus, girl look at you. You're flaming hot, how can he not brag about getting with you? I mean I would probably do the same if you were ever mine.."

"Oh– alright, thanks for the compliment I guess." Danielle smiled somewhat shyly, and started playing with her ring on her finger avoiding the flirty looks she was getting from the other girl.

"At least, you have a stronger game than he does."

"Trust me, I do. But I wouldn't wanna mix things up when he is involved. You know? There's plenty of fish in the sea."

"Cool, because I seriously cannot handle anymore drama right now and would appreciate a friend."

They both laughed at each other feeling at ease with their confessions.

"I get you. So we can still hang out as friends, right?"

"Yeah, sure. Come to mine tomorrow? We can study and listen to music. Plus I have a roommate that I like to annoy."

"It's settled then, hottie. Let's study together tomorrow."

Danielle rolled her eyes with a smile and finished her coffee to get rid of that alcohol taste in her mouth, soon they exchanged goodbyes and went seperate ways.

When the auburn got back to her room it was already late and Kaylee was sleeping, thank god she thought, she wouldn't have to put up with another argument with the brunette. However, she wanted to get her back for today, just to show her how unnecessary and offended she made her feel that afternoon.

So coming Monday, everyone was back in class and that afternoon Danielle was expecting company so she did a bit of tidying up. Bianca and her spent the whole afternoon in Danielle's bed, reading up on their assignments and occasionally doing karaoke breaks and singing loudly and teasing at each other like two immature teenagers.

It was finally time for Kaylee to relax after a full day of classes, and extra curricular activities. When she got inside her room she saw the two girls singing and messing around on the bed. That's not what a studying session is supposed to look like, she thought. And who's that new girl anyway? She tried to read a book on her own side to relax but found it nearly impossible to focus.

"If you find this too much, you can always read at the library you know."

Danielle called out to Kaylee all the way from her bed, with Bianca giggling right next to her apparently to annoy the brunette further.

"Yeah, that's what libraries are for sweetheart." The other girl added provoking Kaylee.

"Looks like I don't have a choice."

The brunette said with a visible frown while picking up her book bag angrily and shoving her book inside, before heading to the door.

"What was that?"

"Nothing!"

Kaylee exited the room, and the two girls laughed and turned down the volume of the music.

"Mission success, we pissed her off."

"You must really hate your roommate." Bianca pointed out.

"Yeah, well it's been a rocky first week between us."

"I'd tap that, if I were you."

"Excuse me?" Danielle almost choked on air.

"Cunny, smart, beautiful, innocent..what else do you need? You two are literally opposites, and opposites attract." Bianca smirked.

"Wait, hold on a damn minute. She's my roommate. That's just really awkward and literally impossible."

"Impossible my ass. She looked so jealous you were spending time with me dude."

"No, she didn't."

"You just didn't notice. Trust me, I've got years of experience dating girls and she's definitely into you."

"Well, I don't have much expertise..."

Danielle cleared her throat, so far she had been thinking that Kaylee's behaviour and outbursts were all because she disliked her or found her annoying.

"She's actually into this other girl she met recently. So there's no way me and her will ever.."

"Never say never. Just keep an eye out for the signs."

"What signs?" Danielle was so confused, she had no idea how this whole thing worked.

"The little things. Did she ever get you coffee or breakfast? Gets out of her way to help you with stuff? Eyes linger a little longer when you change in front of her?"

"I don't change in front of her."

"Well, then maybe you should..test her and see what happens. I'm already calling it just so you know."

"Hm, I can think of several ways I can do that actually."

"If things get spicy between you two, you better give me a call." Bianca joked.

"Shut the hell up." Danielle laughed shyly and shoved her friend, thinking about Kaylee in a way she never had before.