10. You are my distraction.

After a few more attempts to jinx the brunette with having her friend over, Danielle decided to hit the gym this specific afternoon and was about to change in front of Kaylee. The other girl was casually drawn in her book and for the first time her roommate was being somewhat quiet so it seemed suspicious.

Danielle started taking off her jeans, more slowly than she would typically do and then removed her shirt. She was facing away from the brunette, that meant she had her back turned giving Kaylee a fine show of her back side, revealing her thin underwear before slipping in some really tight leggings for the gym. Her auburn hair was gracefully down to her ass that was now defined perfectly with her sports attire. Just one look behind her shoulder was enough to reassure Danielle that Kaylee was indeed staring at her.

"Your book not interesting enough, hm?"

"My book is fine." Kaylee immediately looked back into the book, with rosy cheeks, ashamed for being distracted that easily.

Danielle finished off her outfit with a matching sports bra and applied a bit of wavy foam into her hair, combining it into loose curls, making their room smell specifically like coconut.

"Didn't think you were into exercise."

"It's better than drinking my problems away."

Kaylee paused again, and looked up. Danielle looked drop dead gorgeous. But that wasn't the point, was it?

"What problems? Did something else happen this week?"

"Don't wanna disturb you with my unnecessary shit this time."

The auburn picked up her sports bag, a water bottle and headed straight to the door before the brunette could get another word in. Seems like she was holding a grudge against her.

At the gym, Danielle was working out next to a group of girls one of them looking familiar. Without meaning to she overheard a conversation involving her roommate.

"So are you excited for your date this Saturday, Lu?"

"Uh obviously!! And you know what? I think I'm gonna make my move this time. Kaylee is definitely into me, this could be the start of our relationship."

"Just buy her a few drinks first and let alcohol do the rest."

Her friends joked. Danielle was starting to feel uncomfortable with the conversation.

"Yeah, she's literally like your puppy."

"Come on, that's mean."

"Well you can have the room on Saturday. If you know what I mean." The friend winked.

"She doesn't look like the type for a one night stand."

"Seriously? You're in college. Who has time for a whole basic ass relationship?"

Those friends seriously suck. Danielle thought. And most importantly, they were speaking of her roommate as if she was some kind of toy.

"It'll be easy enough, if we get her intoxicated."

At that point Danielle walked off the treadmill, feeling angry by overhearing all that. She went over to the boxing station and started throwing punches against the punching bag until her arms had gotten really sore. Luckily, all the anger had disappeared, but she wasn't just going to let that happen to Kaylee. She needed to come up with a plan.

After a couple of hours, Danielle returned back to her room somewhat sweaty looking like a hot mess. Kaylee was there too but for once she wasn't studying. Instead she was planning her outfit for Saturday and listening to low music.

"Hey I'm back." Danielle shortly greeted her roommate.

"Had a good work out?"

"Yeah, but I'm completely sore from boxing I don't even think I can move my arms."

Kaylee looked at the other girl slightly concerned.

"Hey, can I talk to you?"

"I was about to hit the shower."

"Only for a few minutes, promise."

"Okay.."

Kaylee walked over to her bed and patted the space next to her for Danielle, who slowly and willingly sat down.

"What you said before didn't sit well with me. I know you're probably still angry from that afternoon I told you to go away. Actually, I don't mind when you're around or hearing about your problems. I went a bit over the line that night and I'm sorry about that..."

"I'm not angry, I just don't get how one moment you're all up in my business and the next you want nothing to do with me."

"I guess I got my priorities mixed up. But that's not on you."

"So I'm not a priority, got it."

"No, you..." Kaylee got tongue tied. "I went out of my way to steal and hack someone's phone for you Danielle."

"And I'm thankful for that. But why do you have to be a bitch about it and tell me to leave you alone right after?"

"Because I'm not used to all this.. you're too distracting."

There were a few moments of silence between them.

"Okay..I'll try not to be distracting."

"How? Literally everything you are..and do..are distracting me."

Kaylee gazed away, getting somewhat shy. She didn't know whether Danielle was catching up to what she meant there but she was definitely making it hard for herself to keep it a secret.

"Well, I cannot completely disappear right?"

"No.."

"Look.." Danielle placed her hand gently under Kaylee's chin, lifting her head up so she could look at her trying to find meaning to all this.

"I'll try to be more mindful when you're studying here okay? And I'll only bring friends over during the weekend or when you're out."

"T-Thanks.."

"No problem.."

The auburn smiled, and tried to rush off the bed before things between them got awkward. After all, lingering touching and stares like that were only going to make things more complicated.

Danielle headed for a shower and Kaylee felt like she could finally catch her breath. She was also feeling a bit content with how the situation was handled by both sides. They did much better than they would have done the first week. Where they nearly killed each other.

After Danielle was off the shower she headed back to her room and started styling her hair in front of the mirror, but ended up groaning from the pain in her arms.

"Fucking boxing, remind me not to try that again.."

"It's not supposed to hurt if you do it right."

Danielle looked back behind her shoulder with a little smirk.

"Still talking about boxing?"

"Yeah, smart ass." Kaylee laughed catching on to the dirty joke her roommate made.

"Ugh..I can't do this seriously."

"Okay, come here." Kaylee invited Danielle back to her bed. The other girl looked at her curiously, was Kaylee suggesting what she thought she was suggesting?

"What?"

"Let me give you a massage?"