7. The phone scandal.

In the morning, the auburn woke up with an apparent headache and a sore body still wearing the same clothes from yesterday. She wondered momentarily where she was, as this didn't look or feel like her bed.

"Morning, sunshine. Rough night?"

Kaylee joked all the way from the other bed. She was dressed casually, not with the college attire so Danielle slowly came to realize it was Sunday morning and they were back in the dorm.

"Shut up."

"Here, have some coffee. You need it."

The brunette offered a warm cup of coffee, it looks like she had already made a run to the cafeteria by herself and had gotten both of them some coffee.

"What's this? Perhaps, poison?"

"For God's sake, just take the damn coffee."

Danielle laughed quietly and took the beverage after successfully getting on her roommate's nerves. She sat up on Kaylee's bed and smelled the fresh hot coffee, feeling somewhat content and thankful.

"I thought you were mad at me. Something about ruining your night.."

"Those were your words, not mine."

"Oh so you witnessed the self pity talk, fucking great..."

"Yeah I kinda did. You're not your best when you drink but that's okay. Happens to the best of us."

"I don't even remember how I got back here..." Danielle sipped her drink, trying her best to make out what happened last night. "Did you.."

"Yeah, me and my sister brought you back after apparently the boys bailed on you. She insisted we had to get you back to bed, which by the way was my bed."

"Yeah- um, I kinda fell asleep on your bed didn't I?" Danielle laughed at herself awkwardly trying to play it cool, she could imagine that was the least embarrassing thing she said or did last night.

"Can you remember anything at all?"

"I remember something happend in the bathroom. I was with..Leo. I'm not quite sure exactly what went on but I remember being so upset that I threw up right after."

"Did he do something to you?" Kaylee sounded a bit concerned now.

"Physically no, not really. I remember talking to him and then he asked to take pictures of me and then things started escalating and getting out of control."

"Pictures? What kind of pictures?"

The auburn sipped her drink innocently, not really elaborating to that.

"Danielle?"

"They were sexy pictures, okay?!"

"Oh wow- um..."

"I know, I know I probably shouldn't have. He's not trustworthy and God knows what he's gonna do with them now."

"Just how he was spreading around that he slept with you.."

"So you think he's gonna spread the pictures online too? Fuck, I need to get to his phone and delete them."

Danielle placed the coffee on Kaylee's bedside cabinet and walked to the door determined to go after the boy.

However, she felt physically sick, dizzy and she was about to throw up again so she stopped herself at the door to take a deep breath before embarrassing herself further.

"Are you okay?" Her roommate called out.

"I'm fucking hangover, what do you think Kaylee?"

The brunette got off the bed and kinda rushed to the door to give a helping hand. She placed her hands gently on Danielle's hips trying to stready her further.

"I got you. Hey, how about you go and take a shower and then have some rest? I can deal with Leo and the photos."

"Don't you have studying to do? Why get caught up in my shit too?"

"Because..." Kaylee was at loss of words, she didn't know why she wanted to help so desperately. Or why her studying didn't seem to concern her as much.

"Whatever, I do think a shower would be nice right now. Don't want you to think I'm stinky on top of everything else."

The brunette laughed in amusement, happy she got Danielle to collaborate for once.

"I'll see you at noon, get some rest and I'll handle the rest."

"Sounds like a plan." Danielle flashed a small smile before picking up clean clothes and hitting the shower.

Kaylee had ditched her studying for the first time to come up with a plan of how she was going to get Leo's phone and delete those pictures. She thought about how her sister had started obsessing about that other boy, Peyton, and found the way in to their room using that as an excuse.

"Hi, is Peyton here?"

Kaylee said while waiting at the boy's door.

"Yeah, he's on his computer. What do you want?"

"Not a very friendly way to greet a lady."

Leo cleared his throat.

"Yeah, I mean come on in. I'm sure he can spare a minute or two for you."

"Thanks.." Kaylee walked in, immediately scanning the room for any clues of where the phone could be.

"Hey Kaylee, did you need to speak to me?"

"Uh, yeah. It's about...it's about last night actually. I trust that you got to know my sister? I wanted to apologize in advance about her bold personality. She can get a bit much at times."

"She was..ehm...very sociable, to put it nicely. Look Kaylee.."

"Before you say anything, first of all how could you leave Danielle all by herself?!"

"I thought she was with you, guys."

"Yeah but she was in your group, we joined after. You don't leave anyone behind, that's not how it works."

Leo rolled his eyes, being called out for doing the wrong thing bored him so he went on his phone so he wouldn't have to pay attention. Kaylee noticed straight away and tried to keep her eyes on the phone.

"Yeah, lesson learnt. Anyway, about your sister. Look, I recently got out of a bad break up and I'm not sure if I'm ready yet to pursue another relationship so I hope she didn't have much expectations.."

"Oh, I see. That's good to know..thanks for being so honest and open about it."

Kaylee flashed a reassuring smile and the boy relaxed and smiled back at her. He felt like he had much better communication with Kaylee from the very first night in their room, than he did with her sister. Could it be that Kaylee was more of his type?

"Anyway, if that is all would you mind leaving so I can get ready? I've got a date I need to get to." Leo said somewhat rudely.

"A date? I thought you and Dani.."

"Me and Danielle are not exclusive. She would never want something like that."

"Oh, okay- I guess. I'm gonna go then. Have fun on your date or whatever."

The girl headed to the door while Leo left his phone on the bed and headed to the bathroom to get ready. Kaylee then used this opportunity to go back quickly and grab his phone without Peyton seeing her as he was still on his computer.

"Sorry forgot my phone. See you later."