59. Friends meet up

Starting a new week at college, the girls had agreed to announce their relationship to their friends so they decided to organise a small gathering at the common space where usually a lot of parties and other events were hosted.

Danielle talked to Kaylee about how Leo had been trying to undermine their progress, and had tried to black mail her so they decided not to invite him. The people who were invited were Danielle's best friend, Bianca, Kaylee's sister and Peyton who also seemed to be getting along with Jenny so this was a way to potentially have them spend more time together. They were planning to drink, order some food and watch a movie which all seemed like a nice relaxing night, with no drama.

Kaylee walked over towards the aubernette who was watching the popcorn pop in the microwave and tapping her nails anxiously on the counter as if she was on edge.

"You're nervous." She said as she snaked her arms around the other girl's waist.

"I'm fine. It's cool. It's just our friends. And we have a big announcement to make but it's gonna be fine--"

"You're rambling.." the brunette laughed teasingly, and made her hold a big more firm and possessive."You're nervous to admit we are dating? Or are you scared of how they're gonna react?"

"A little bit of both? I mean I know your sister will definitely be protective of you and Bianca will be the same just for different reasons, and who's to say they won't oppose to us being together? And then don't get me started on Peyton, I trust that he will open his mouth in front of Leo and say something stupid and.."

"Dani-- stop. Stop making the worst case scenarios in your head, it's most likely going to be a chill night with our friends and they will be fine with us dating and all." Kaylee reaches down and applies a small kiss on the girl's cheek which was puffing with air.

"It's best to be prepared for the worst they say. That way I can be prepared to fight your sister if she tries to steal you away from me."

"Hey, no fighting my sister please. Plus, I think Bianca will be the one who will try to break things off, she gives me that kind of vibe."

"She does?"

"She's always been all over you, since the begining. And I'm pretty sure she fancied you at some point..correct me if I'm wrong."

Danielle stops watching the popcorn and turns around in the girl's arms, wrapping her own around her fragile body.

"That might be true to some extent, but I've always kept things clear between me and her. For once in my life, I didn't mix friendship with desire."

"So she never tried anything with you?"

"Uhh.."

At that moment the door was heard opening and their friends made an appearance one by once, Jenny was the first one to announce her arrival and smoother her sister with lots of love since it has been a while she last saw her. Bianca did just the same to Danielle, and Peyton was just standing there smiling awkwardly as he was the only guy invited in a room full of girls.

"Okay guys sooo thanks for coming by, we've ordered some pizza which should be coming soon and we can choose a movie to watch."

"Where's the alcohol?" Bianca asks arrogantly as if she had just ignored Kaylee's welcome speech.

"You're drinking again after being wasted two nights ago and throwing up all me?" Peyton asks in all seriousness.

"Come on it's not like I can't handle it a bit of alcohol, plus not everyone needs to know."

"You threw up?" Danielle asks with concern.

"Yeah- after you two.... disappeared..we had a few more shots and then I needed some air so Peyton took me outside and then it happend. It was more like on his shoe, not literally on him."

"Yikes. We don't need details thank you." Jenny pulls a disgusted face and finds the best spot on the couch.

"Oh, I didn't know that."

"That's because you've been ignoring me the whole weekend and keep 'disappearing'."

"I had a lot of catching up to do.."

"You and studying?" Bianca chuckles and opens the mini fridge in hopes there will be some type of fizzy drink to satisfy her craving. "Don't give me that bullshit Danielle."

The auburn looked between her friend and the brunette looking like she was in despair and Kaylee returned a look of acknowledgment mouthing "it will be okay" at the same time.

Then everyone finally settled over at the seating area, Peyton sitting on a huge comfortable bean bag on the floor, the two sisters on the couch on one side and Danielle, not wanting to leave her friend alone decided to sit next to her on the other side. In the middle of the room there was a big projector screen like the ones in the movie theatres and the group watched a movie while waiting for the pizza to arrive.

Danielle wasn't really paying attention to the movie, but she was secretly admiring the brunette as last night's adventure was still fresh in her mind, and the thought of it was provoking he. Her best friend on the other hand, was commited to guiding the actor in the scary movie and screaming at the screen whenever she was about to get killed. Peyton had noticed Danielle and Kaylee exchanging flirtatious looks but made nothing of it as his attention was mostly preoccupied by the blonde sitting near by. The boy was coming with possible pick up lines in his head that he would try and use on her later on this night, hoping he could at least score a date with her.

"Lock that fucking door bitch!!" Bianca screamed at the screen and then surprised everyone with another loud screech when the killer popped on the screen, she used Danielle as a human shield and the auburn laughed her heart out.

"I might have peed my pants a little."

"You're such a scaredy cat." Peyton laughed.

"Shut up, you were just as scared. Don't be jealous because I have the best cuddle buddy." Bianca said mockingly while keeping a hold of Danielle.

"True that."

"I might have to stay over tonight, just saying. Walking back through the darkness might not cut it."

"I..uh-- I guess that's..okay as long as Kaylee agrees." Danielle said feeling a bit unsure about her girlfriend's take on all this.

"We need to talk." Kaylee says a bit more seriously and signals Danielle to follow her into the kitchen area.