15. You're starting to grow on me.

Danielle spent her whole afternoon in bed, after all her stomach was unsettled from the alcohol from last night and her mood was definitely not the party one so she decided to stay in and scribble things on her sketch book. She still felt a little messed up with the whole situation this morning, when Leo tried to manipulate her and felt the need to talk to someone of her own family about it. She grabbed her phone and called her aunt, praying that she would pick up.

The line was ringing for quite some time.

"Oh hey sweetheart- wasn't expecting you to call! Catching up on some good college gossip I hope." Her aunt Riley replied on the phone.

"Things have been far too crazy to even begin with.." Danielle sighed and settled on one side against her pillow.

"Well, I've got all the time in the world for you."

Danielle smiled. Hearing a familiar voice helped, although she wasn't usually the one to reach out to her family.

"Thanks, but I'm only gonna keep this short. My roommate might be back soon.."

"Oh you have a roommate this year?"

"Yeah, just one. Luckily. I wouldn't bare the thought of a four-way roommate thing like other college's have."

"Oh yeah that must be pretty dramatic, I assume. So how's that roommate of yours like?"

"She's..fine I guess.." Danielle paused, she thought about how Kaylee was on a date again and she felt weird about it. "She likes girls, although I don't even know why I'm mentioning this. But she's cool, kind of a dork if you'd ask me."

"She sounds more than fine to me. Is she treating you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm probably the one overdoing it."

"Well, when have you not been a rebel huh?" Her aunt laughed and so did the auburn. "Ever since I remember you, you'd be a stubborn, little smart ass. I can pretty much guess you're giving this girl a hard time."

"You can blame my parents for that."

"Well yeah your parents are also paying for a prestigious college for you so you better behave yourself in there."

"Blah blah blah..sure whatever you say auntie!" Danielle chuckled childishly.

"Any other news? How are the classes?"

"The classes are fine, I've also joined the arts club and I think I'll submit a piece for an upcoming competition but I need more practice."

"That's amazing, I can't wait to see what you come up with!"

"Yeah and..as usual I'm having boy trouble. I mean it's already in the past now but it was a pretty shitty situation."

"Oh no, what happened?"

Danielle spent a few more hours chatting and gossiping with her aunt before she looked at the time and it was getting pretty late. She had unfinished homework and she also needed to practise sketching for the competition this week so she finally hung up and got straight to work.

Eventually Kaylee decided to come back around, causing a questioning look on the auburn's face at the time but the girl decided to stay quiet and not comment on how long Kaylee's date was. She didn't want to seem like she was jealous or something.

"Hey.." Kaylee said gently while settling down on her bed and turning on the auburn. Danielle was focused on her studying she was even wearing some sort of reading glasses and a knitted jacket that was hanging off one shoulder. She's even hot when she's studying.

The auburn almost ignored the other girl. After several minutes she looked up from her computer and flashed a quick smile. "I'll catch you later, I gotta finish this first."

"Yeah, no worries. I'm gonna study now too, anyway."

Kaylee opened her laptop and looked at her latest assignment. Both girls worked in comfortable silence for a couple of hours. Danielle was finished first so she grabbed her sketching book and started to scribble intensively. After Kaylee was finished with her own homework it was already late, and she decided to get ready for bed.

She placed her laptop away, brushed her teeth and undid her ponytail. She then turned into her pyjamas, seeing the auburn was not even bothered that she had changed in front of her this time she wondered what was so invested in.

"Can I see?"

Kaylee approached the other girl's bed, her question making Danielle glance up at her shortly.

"It's not finished yet."

"Doesn't matter." She smiled and took another step closer hoping the other girl would invite her to sit on it.

"Fine. But don't think something of it yet it's still in early stages.." Danielle scooted further inside her bed, giving Kaylee the cue to sit next to her. Then she turned her sketchbook towards the other girl.

Kaylee widened her eyes, Danielle had created a body shape similar to one of those naked sculptures you see in museums. It reminded her of a God. The detail was amazing.

"Wow, I know I'm not supposed to say something but that's looking great."

"I'm enrolling into a competition, this is just a quick sample of what I have in mind for my piece. The theme is Bodies and physical features."

"Well, I can picture this into a great painting." Kaylee assured with a smile.

"Again, too nice. Suspicious. You're scaring me."

"Shut up." The brunette laughed and shoved the other girl by bumping shoulders.

They spend several minutes just sitting there with the brunette just watching Danielle sketch, remaining quiet in order to not bother her trail of thought. Kaylee enjoyed that side of the auburn, the more quiet and creative one. She found true essence to that, instead of the bad girl whose habits are drinking and breaking hearts.

"You know I kinda wanna thank you." Kaylee said after a while, remember last night's events.

"For what, dork?"

Kaylee rolled her eyes, she's missed that nickname truthfully. "For offering me a ride, for staying with me in the bathroom to make sure I was okay.."

"Well, you're my roommate I don't want you to die on me. We are just in the first semester."

Kaylee chuckled at Danielle's dark humour.

"Yeah still thanks for sticking it out even if I was kind of a jerk last night."

Danielle stopped scribbling for a moment and looked at the brunette, their eyes meeting as their faces were so close to each other.

"Thanks, too. For this morning. I'm not usually like that I swear.."

"You went through something terrible. You had a right to be like that."

Danielle gazed deeply into the brunette's eyes, there was a warm chocolate brown shade in them that definitely made them beautiful. I shouldn't be thinking about her pretty eyes. Danielle thought and jumped out of her thoughts.

"Anyway, I guess we are even now."

"You know what?" The brunette paused, the intense stare in those blue mesmerising orbs giving her butterflies, a smile forming on her lips for what she was about to admit "you're starting to grow on me."