Chapter 29: Mito's Selective Memory

The crystal ball revealed a gripping scene that left even Sarutobi Hiruzen, the venerable Third Hokage, and the esteemed Uzumaki Mito, the first Jinchuriki, visibly startled.

Sarutobi Hiruzen, the one who had cautioned Uzumaki Mito to brace herself, found the situation particularly distressing. His reaction surpassed even that of Uzumaki Mito, fueled by the knowledge of the vital role Kushina played in the well-being of the village.

However, there worries proved to be unnecessary as Tatsuma halted his actions just in the nick of time. The collective sigh of relief from the onlookers echoed through the room. Had Tatsuma's pointed finger followed through, the perilous consequences for Kushina could have been all too real.

In the Konoha Academy playground, as Tatsuma displayed his impeccable control, Atoma released a relieved breath. The recent incident unfolded with such swiftness that Atoma, unable to reach the scene in time, could only resort to shouting.

What Atoma finds appreciable in this moment is Tatsuma's consistent restraint of his strength. This reassures him that Tatsuma's interactions with Kushina are rooted in practical sparring. It echoes the nature of Tatsuma and Minato's sparring sessions, characterized by controlled intensity.

In a moment of triumph, Tatsuma grinned and declared, "Looks like I've secured the victory."

Kushina, fixated on Tatsuma's hand near her throat, initially responded with fear. However, that fear swiftly morphed into a mix of embarrassment and anger.

As Atoma inclined to signal Tatsuma's victory, Kushina, with a sudden burst of energy, swung her left hand toward Tatsuma. Squinting his eyes, Tatsuma swiftly transformed his pointed finger into a palm push.

"You insolent brat! Who said I was defeated!"

Burp~

Before Kushina could finish her retort, Tatsuma's palm connected with the side of her jaw. Kushina's eyes rolled back, and her entire body seemed to lose its strength, teetering on the brink of collapse. Were it not for Tatsuma maintaining a grip on her right hand, she might have crumpled to the ground.

In this critical moment, Tatsuma finally registered the system's broadcast.

"Ding~ [Strength+5], [Stamina+5]; Special Talents [Sealing (Kushina Uzumaki Limited Edition) +10%]"

"Claim them!"

Atoma gently retrieved Kushina from Tatsuma's grasp. Observing Tatsuma's radiant smile after his triumphant moment, Atoma opened his mouth but found words escaping him.

After all, Hokage-sama had already informed him the previous night that today's objective was to impart a lesson to Kushina. Of course, imparting a lesson to Minato and Tatsuma was equally acceptable. In any case, the aim was collective improvement. Tatsuma's actions had indeed served as a lesson for Kushina, yet, in the end, Tatsuma had exercised restraint.

"Self-study for a while. I'll escort Kushina to the infirmary. Please stay seated and refrain from running around, alright?"

Ultimately, Atoma harbored no blame for Tatsuma. Instead, he addressed the entire class, then lifted Kushina and made his way to the infirmary.

"Tatsuma, I appreciate your restraint in the end."

As Minato approached Tatsuma at that moment, he patted his shoulder and expressed his gratitude. Tatsuma responded with a mischievous smile, saying, "Save your thanks for when Kushina herself comes to express gratitude. Why are you taking over? What's your connection with her?"

With over a year of familiarity with Tatsuma, Minato easily deciphered the undertones of Tatsuma's words. His face reddened, and he found himself at a loss for words.