Chapter 8: First Class

"Hello, everyone. I'm Sarutobi Atoma, your sensei for this class. It's a pleasure to meet each and every one of you. Before we dive into the course, I'd like to take a moment to get to know you all better.

Let's kick things off with some self-introductions—share your name, age, likes, dislikes, and dreams. We'll go in order from left to right in the first row, then reverse from right to left in the second row, and so forth."

He then directed his attention to a student with a hedgehog-like appearance in the first row. The student stood up with a sense of pride and confidently expressed,

"I'm Uchiha Tenko, a proud five-year-old. My favorite pastime is engaging in competitions with members of the Hyuga Clan, and, well, let's just say I'm not their biggest fan. My dream is to demonstrate that the Uchiha Clan stands as the epitome of Dojutsu prowess."

"Uchiha?!"

"Dojutsu?!"

The new recruits couldn't contain their curiosity, and discussions erupted instantly. In the rear row, a student sporting a pineapple-shaped hairstyle furrowed their brow, surveyed the scene, and muttered, "Uchiha? What a troublesome clan."

Sarutobi Atoma cleared his throat, exerted a calming presence with a subtle hand gesture, and indicated for the next student to share. There wasn't much for him to comment on regarding Uchiha Tenko's introduction, understanding that the deep-seated history between the two clans wasn't within a teacher's power to resolve.

"Gekko Chomei, my hobby is..."

The self-introductions of the next few students went off without a hitch, and Sarutobi Atoma breathed a sigh of relief. However, shortly thereafter, a student with soft, flowing hair and a smooth forehead confidently rose and declared,

"Hyuga Sento, six years old. My hobby is dedicated practice of the Gentle Fist. I'm not particularly fond of the Uchiha Clan. As for dreams, well, I'm currently living it, considering the Hyuga Clan stands as the paramount Dojutsu family, and there's no need for me to prove it!"

"What do you mean?!"

Upon hearing this, Uchiha Tenko promptly stood up, directing his gaze towards the other end where Hyuga Sento was seated. Hyuga Sento, undeterred, met his stare head-on.

"Next!"

In a swift motion, Sarutobi Atoma interrupted, singling out a student in the second row. A boy, wrapped in a windbreaker, rose and declared, "I'm Aburame."

Once the introductions concluded, he took his seat, and Sarutobi Atoma snapped back to attention, admitting, "Sorry, could you introduce yourself again? Sensei got a bit distracted and missed it."

"Aburame Shibi."

As Aburame Shibi settled back into his seat, Sarutobi Atoma once again honed in on the moment. Realizing that, beyond the name, he hadn't caught much, he observed that other students also appeared slightly perplexed, as if collectively wondering, "Did someone just speak?"

However, continually pressing Aburame Shibi for another introduction would be somewhat disheartening, so he shifted his attention to the student next to Aburame Shibi—a girl who stood up and enthusiastically declared,

"I'm Inuzuka Tsume, just on the brink of turning five. My hobby revolves around training dogs, and I'm not particularly fond of cats! My dream is to carve my path as the first female Hokage!"

Inuzuka Tsume's voice resonated loudly, and given Aburame Shibi's unique situation, even the usually attentive Sarutobi Atoma found his ears itching.

Soon, one student after another initiated their self-introductions, and Tatsuma attentively observed his fellow classmates. Yamanaka Inoichi, Nara Shikaku, and Akimichi Choza from the Ino-Shika-Cho trio particularly piqued his interest.