Chapter 82: Minato's Request

Upon hearing this, the faces of the other leaders including the Inuzuka clan leader turned unpleasant. Well, it seems the turmoil extends beyond the battlefield!

Originally, some members of their clan were needed, making it difficult for them to accept. Except for the Hyuga and Senju clans, who were eager to join the battle, the other clans preferred to preserve their members for development.

However, being named by Sarutobi Hiruzen for deployment was inevitable. For those not selected, Sarutobi Hiruzen made it clear that they would have to contribute financially to support the cause.

But the Uchiha clan, on the other hand, not only had to provide funds but also manpower. What's with their eagerness to deplete their resources?

Not only were the Inuzuka clan members stunned, even Sarutobi Hiruzen, who made the proposal, looked at the Uchiha clan leader with some astonishment. In fact, upon hearing the amount of thirty million Ryo, he was already inclined to agree.

However, when he thought about the eyes of the Uchiha Clan, Sarutobi Hiruzen couldn't help but squint his eyes and began to carefully reconsider his decision.

After a while, Sarutobi Hiruzen spoke, "Taku, as the leader of the Sarutobi Clan, I can understand your sentiments. Moreover, you've been a clan leader for several years, and it's necessary to show some accomplishments to boost the confidence of your clan members.

However, both the Uchiha and Hyuga clans are crucial ninja clans in the village. If they simultaneously head to the battlefield and other villages get wind of it, it might become an opportunity for them to attack the Land of Fire.

If you are willing to consider my suggestion, I propose that the Uchiha Clan stay on standby in the village temporarily to guard against potential invasions from other ninja villages."

Upon hearing this, Uchiha Taku's expression turned somewhat unpleasant. He pursed his lips and said, "The role of the Hyuga Clan on the battlefield is far inferior to that of my Uchiha. They can act as scouts, and so can we Uchiha. However, when it comes to combat skills, the Hyuga clan cannot compare to the Uchiha!

Therefore, in this offensive, let the Uchiha take the place of the Hyuga, swiftly crush the Sand team with our forces; that would be the most advantageous choice for the village!"

"Uchiha Taku! Are you saying that my Hyuga Clan is inferior to the Uchiha?"

Hyuga Itsuki also stood up angrily from his position, pointing at Uchiha Taku. Uchiha Taku furrowed his brows, ready to retort, but Sarutobi Hiruzen quickly intervened, saying:

"Enough! We are all members of the village, and I believe Uchiha Taku did not mean to belittle the Hyuga Clan. It's just a fervent desire for victory, all for the sake of the village. Let's not start a dispute among us. As for this expedition, let the Hyuga Clan lead.

Uchiha Taku, I understand your sentiments, but you must also understand the feelings of the Hyuga Clan. While we are all members of Konoha, family honor and dignity are indeed present. If Uchiha clan members were to be killed by external enemies, I believe you wouldn't want the Hyuga Clan to take up the burden of revenge, would you?"

Upon hearing this, the expressions of Hyuga Itsuki and Uchiha Taku slightly eased. Sarutobi Hiruzen continued, seizing the opportunity:

"Moreover, the Uchiha Clan is in charge of the Konoha Military Police Force. With the onset of wartime, there may be infiltrators and spies in the village. This is precisely the time when the village needs the Military Police Force. If the Uchiha Clan engages in battle, who will maintain order in the village?"

Upon hearing Sarutobi Hiruzen provide another reason that struck a chord with the Uchiha Clan's sensitive points, Uchiha Taku's expression once again softened slightly, though he still voiced some reluctance: