Chapter 86: Counter Attacking

"Ding~ [Ninjutsu+10], [Spirit+5], Would you like to claim?"

In the early morning hours, Tatsuma looked at the Chakra short knife in his hand, which had been significantly extended by wind attribute Chakra. He listened to the broadcast in his mind, and a tired smile appeared on his face.

Over the course of a few years, Tatsuma felt that he had indeed become a person with a strong desire for victory and defeat. He enjoyed the sense of urgency brought about by the challenges, pushing himself to progress.

"Ring~"

Just as he was immersed in joy, an alarm clock not far away started ringing. With only a few minutes difference, Tatsuma snapped out of it, turned off the alarm clock, and he was about to fail by a hair's breadth.

However, if he were to talk about such a precise success, perhaps no one would believe him, right?

"Clap, clap, clap~"

But at this moment, a slender figure walked out of the woods, it was Orochimaru!.

Orochimaru clapped his hands and said, "I really didn't expect that you could learn it in such a short time."

"Moreover, your way of learning is quite interesting, as if you are not learning Ninjutsu but constructing a building, piece by piece." Tatsuma waved his hand, and the Blade of Wind condensed on the Chakra short knife in his hand dissipated. He smiled and said, "Most Ninjutsu can't escape Chakra Control, Nature Transformation, and Shape Transformation. As long as you master these three, learning becomes not difficult at all. And because of my lack of talent, I can only use some clever tricks to speed up my learning."

Orochimaru, upon hearing Tatsuma mention his lack of talent, chuckled slightly. Soon, he shook his head and said, "I've heard Tsunade mention Chakra Control, and Jiraiya mentioned Nature Transformation. However, your Shape Transformation far exceeds the level of your current Ninjutsu."

Upon hearing Orochimaru's words, Tatsuma stiffened. He hadn't expected that just learning a Ninjutsu would lead Orochimaru to observe so meticulously. Tatsuma could only say, "I am developing a technique that has high requirements for Chakra shape transformation, so I have been practicing."

"Oh~"

Orochimaru drew out the sound as he contemplated, and under the night sky, his golden eyes continuously assessed Tatsuma. In his mind, Orochimaru speculated continuously. He had observed Tatsuma's thirty-six hours of training and understood Tatsuma's proficiency in Shape Transformation.

A normal ninja wouldn't practice Chakra shaping to the level Tatsuma had reached. Even renowned medical ninjas, known for their strict requirements in Chakra Control and Shape Transformation, didn't need such a high level of expertise.

Not only in Medical Ninjutsu but even in Sealing Jutsu, as far as Orochimaru knew, there weren't many techniques that demanded this level of Chakra shaping. Moreover, most elemental Ninjutsu generally had similar requirements for the practitioner's Shape Transformation and Nature Transformation. However, Tatsuma's mastery of Shape Transformation seemed to far surpass his mastery of Nature Transformation.

If Tatsuma wasn't lying, then the technique he was developing wasn't some conventional Ninjutsu. Orochimaru furrowed his brow as he scrutinized Tatsuma.

He had just had a thought in his mind: Could Tatsuma be working on compound Ninjutsu like his sensei, achieving Kekkei Genkai effects through attribute combinations?

Another thought quickly surfaced in Orochimaru's mind: It seemed that the people he knew had all made somewhat excessive progress recently. Tsunade learned the technique personally taught by Mito-sama, Jiraiya found a technique named Sage Mode passed down from the First Hokage, and even the younger generation like Tatsuma were developing extraordinary techniques.