Chapter 102: The Lives Of Grassroots Ninjas Matter Too

The starkly different attitudes of the two villages towards Tatsuma's situation only intensified the conflict between the Wind and Fire nations, but none of this had anything to do with Tatsuma himself.

The only thing relevant to him was that after who knows how long in a coma, he successfully woke up.

"You're awake? I'll go call Tsunade-sama."

In the dimly lit medical tent, Minato, who had been tired, saw Tatsuma's eyes seemingly open, instantly alert, jumping up from his small stool and about to rush out.

"Wait, cough, wait."

Hearing Tatsuma's words, Minato stopped, immediately turning back to Tatsuma and asking, "What's wrong? Tatsuma? Are you feeling unwell?"

"Water."

Tatsuma felt like his lips would crack when he opened his mouth, his throat was as painful as if it had been sanded with sandpaper when he spoke, and the inside of his cheeks, in contact with his teeth, also seemed to have been peeled off.

He didn't feel hunger, but he was extremely thirsty. His parched body and foggy brain both needed the moisture of water.

Minato, upon hearing this, didn't hesitate. He poured a glass of water but then thought of a better idea instead. He fetched two or three medical cotton swabs.

Soaking the swabs in water, Minato gently dabbed Tatsuma's lips with the wet cotton. Although it had been a long time since he attended Tsunade's medical classes, Minato remembered that patients who had undergone surgery or who had been comatose for a long time shouldn't immediately drink or eat.

As a disciple who had been by Tsunade's side, Tatsuma naturally understood this as well. He slightly opened his mouth, allowing the water to trickle into his mouth, slowly moistening it. With the external supply of water, his body gradually revived, and he began to produce saliva on his own.

After carefully swallowing a few times to ensure there were no issues, Tatsuma tilted his head slightly, indicating to Minato that he didn't need to feed him water anymore, then asked, "How's the situation now?"

Upon hearing this, Minato pursed his lips and said, "The situation is a bit dire. You've been unconscious for four days, so you're not very up-to-date on many things."

Minato set the water cup and cotton swabs aside before continuing, "On the day of the incident, we did indeed achieve victory. Except for a few Hidden Sand Village Jonin like Chiyo, no one else could break through our encirclement.

And after the reinforcements from the Hidden Sand Village arrived, Orochimaru-sama also declared a temporary ceasefire. The Hidden Sand Village requested the return of the bodies, and we all agreed, but..."

Here, Minato paused for a moment, glanced at Tatsuma's condition, and seeing that he was becoming more alert, he continued, "There were some issues after the exchange of bodies.

Hoshi's condition was too... In short, the Hidden Sand Village now accuses us of massacring their ninja and demands that we hand over the culprit who killed Hoshi."

"Haha~ I hope I'm not the one they're planning to send over?" Tatsuma chuckled. He wasn't worried because Minato mentioning it meant that such a thing was utterly implausible within Konoha. If Konoha were to agree internally, news like this wouldn't reach a Genin like Minato.

Minato also shook his head with a smile, saying, "How could the village possibly do such a thing?"

Upon hearing this, Tatsuma's smile became somewhat peculiar, but he didn't interrupt. Instead, he listened as Minato continued, "Both Orochimaru-sama and Tsunade-sama have refused, but there is growing resentment among the people of the Hidden Sand Village, demanding revenge.