Chapter 58: Unique Beast With Unique Features...

Tatsuma's words struck a chord with Kincho, evoking a subtle sense of emotion. His once awkward movements began to ease, prompting a quizzical expression on Shigeru's face.

The memory of saving Kincho eluded Shigeru. It all started when Kincho approached him with a keen interest in learning the art of fishing. In a surprising turn of events, within a mere couple of days, Kincho outshone Shigeru in the skill of catching fish.

Recognizing Kincho's prowess, a suggestion surfaced - Kincho would focus on catching fish, while Shigeru would handle the selling aspect. The results of this two-day experiment were promising, leading Shigeru to agree, and as a consequence, their collaborative business thrived.

Shigeru had even contemplated the idea of passing on his boat to Kincho in the future. With no wife or children to inherit his legacy, designating Kincho as his successor appeared to be a sensible decision.

Before Jiraiya and Tatsuma interjected, Shigeru remained blissfully unaware of any impending trouble.

In this particular moment, Shigeru regarded Kincho with a deep sense of bewilderment. Kincho stood rooted, nervously fidgeting for a considerable duration before confessing, "Shigeru-san, my appearance might startle you."

Jiraiya, at this juncture, slightly loosened his grip on Shigeru's throat. In truth, he hadn't exerted much force; his intention was simply to render Shigeru unable to speak.

Feeling the tension around his neck ease, Shigeru paused for a moment before speaking, "Kincho, appearances aside, I believe in you. You'll always be a good-hearted soul."

"Shigeru-san."

In Kincho's eyes, tears sparkled. He nodded, and suddenly, his body contorted. The towering height, initially surpassing even Minato and Tatsuma, swiftly compressed.

Before long, a creature emerged, barely knee-high for an adult. It sported a black-and-white coat, merging the traits of a raccoon and a tanuki. Topping it all off, the creature wore a straw hat, though that wasn't the most attention-grabbing detail.

What captured everyone's attention, even prompting a surprised reaction from Jiraiya, a seasoned Jonin, nearly causing his eyes to pop out, was the colossal magnum trailing on the ground.

"Ehehe."

Observing the varied expressions of those around, Kincho's body trembled once more, and hints of his fur standing on end were evident. However, precisely at that moment, Shigeru spoke up, "Kincho... You're the one from the Land of Whirlpools."

Upon hearing this, Kincho's small black eyes welled up with tears. The trembling ceased, and his two petite hands cupped in front of his chest, fixedly gazing at Shigeru.

In this moment, Jiraiya and the others redirected their curious stares. It had to be acknowledged that, disregarding Kincho's massive penis trailing on the ground, he was undeniably adorable, but it was a detail impossible to overlook!

Shigeru now shifted his gaze, attempting to glance at Jiraiya. Simultaneously, he implored, "This Ninja-sama, please pardon Kincho. He hasn't committed any wrongdoing. He simply requested everyone not to engage in fishing to bolster my business. He won't repeat it. I beseech you."

In Kincho's eyes, a flicker of hope emerged. However, Jiraiya shook his head and remarked, "Shigeru, things are far more complex. Its request for everyone to refrain from fishing wasn't mere persuasion; it was Genjutsu. In fact, I'd go as far as to call it a natural talent. It doesn't even realize it's in the wrong."

"Including the fish you sell, those fish people buy to eat aren't truly fish, Kincho. Why don't you let Shigeru witness it for himself?"

Kincho nodded, and with a delicate lift of his small claws, Shigeru witnessed the lively fat fish in the basket instantly transform into neatly stacked stones.