Chapter 88: Artful Explosion Trap

"Tatsuma!"

Charging forward with a slashing motion, Tatsuma, the Chunin wielding a blade, suddenly felt a sharp pain in his neck. Immediately, his body flew to the side, and just as he was about to hit the ground, he collided with a soft and fluffy cushion.

"Woof!"

A dog's bark brought Tatsuma back to his senses. He quickly got up from the ground and looked towards the spot where he was attacked. At that moment, a puppet stood there, and a Jonin from the Hidden Sand Village, with a stern expression, stared at Tatsuma.

"It's you?!"

Seeing this Sand Village Jonin, Tatsuma recalled the scene from a few days ago when he rescued the Hyuga team. After having to kill Hyuga Miyako, it was this Sand Village Jonin who blocked his way.

If he hadn't hidden a Rasengan, destroyed the puppet, and caught the Jonin off guard, he might have been detained as well.

At this moment, the large dog behind Tatsuma quickly returned to Inuzuka Makoto's side. Inuzuka Makoto looked at the Hidden Sand Village Jonin and said, "Hoshi? What's wrong? Didn't you go back to the village with your sensei?"

Hoshi's sensei is none other than the current Kazekage of the Hidden Sand Village, and the mastermind behind the annihilation of the Hyuga team.

"Inuzuka Makoto?"

Hoshi looked at Inuzuka Makoto, recognizing his identity. Both being Jonin from their respective villages, not only strength but also the accumulation of intelligence is crucial. Therefore, any revealed Jonin is usually studied by other villages. Hoshi is no exception, and Inuzuka Makoto is no different.

Inuzuka Makoto cautiously observed Hoshi. Among the intelligence that Hoshi has disclosed, there is no astonishing record of achievements or proof of strength. However, his background is quite significant. Not only is he the disciple of the Third Kazekage, but he is also the descendant of the Second Kazekage, Shamon, a genius who improved upon the Puppet Jutsu and Sand Control Ninjutsu as well as doing research on Jinchuriki.

As the Second Kazekage, Shamon's position in the Hidden Sand Village was comparable to Senju Tobirama's position in Konoha. Both have developed powerful Ninjutsu highly beneficial to future generations.

Especially Puppet Jutsu, in just twenty short years, it has become a hallmark of the Hidden Sand Village. As a descendant of Shamon, Hoshi might have some remarkable puppets in his possession.

At this moment, Hoshi, with a single hand, manipulated Chakra Threads, and his puppet remained vigilant in facing Inuzuka Makoto. However, his focus is on Tatsuma.

After their last encounter, Just like how Tatsuma remembered him, he also remembered Tatsuma.

Tatsuma's peculiar technique posed a significant threat to puppets which left a huge impression despite their brief encounter. The construction of puppets inherently makes them intricate yet fragile. Powerful puppets can withstand formidable ninjutsu without affecting their usage, but if internal damage occurs, extensive effort is needed for maintenance and repair.

In the previous display of his technique, Tatsuma rendered one of his puppets completely unusable. The difficulty of repairing it was so high that it seemed more cost-effective to create a new puppet.

He had initially intended to swiftly defeat this Konoha village Genin with a single blow, but it seems there might be an issue with the force applied, or perhaps this Genin's neck is made of iron. Despite being struck in the neck by his puppet, the Genin emerged unscathed.

Tatsuma himself didn't notice; he had just endured an attack that his body should not have been able to withstand. However, the injury triggered the innate talent of Shiro Yaksha, significantly enhancing his resilience to attacks.