Chapter 37: Why Are You Targeting Me?

Tatsuma refrained from unleashing the full power of his hair, aware of its taxing nature. A swift motion of his head caused hundreds of Chakra-infused strands to straighten abruptly before snapping forward, hurtling toward Kushina with formidable force.

Confronted by the densely packed hair Senbons, Kushina hesitated to directly block them. Despite her agile hands, limited to only two, she couldn't possibly intercept the multitude of strands. Opting for a decisive maneuver, she rolled to the side with determination, skillfully evading the impending onslaught.

However, this outcome aligned perfectly with Tatsuma's intentions. As Kushina rolled and regained her balance, her gaze shifted towards Tatsuma, only to realize he had closed the distance with remarkable speed. What caught her attention even more were the seals in his hands, their complexity eluding her understanding.

As Tatsuma dropped the final Tiger Seal and drew a deep breath, an ominous sensation washed over Kushina. It was undeniably the precursor to the activation of Fire Release Ninjutsu!

"I absolutely cannot allow this Ninjutsu to be unleashed!"

The determination flashed through Kushina's mind, prompting her to swiftly bend forward and advance, lowering her body to evade the flames yet to be released. Simultaneously, her right hand tightened into a fist, aiming for Tatsuma's abdomen.

"Boom!"

The moment Kushina's fist connected with Tatsuma's abdomen, a billow of smoke erupted, prompting a swift change in her expression. It was unmistakably another Clone Jutsu, but not just any clone – a fundamental Clone Jutsu, a non-physical Shadow Clone adept at releasing Ninjutsu.

Maintaining her forward posture, she cautiously stepped out of the dissipating smoke. However, what materialized before her was yet another Tatsuma, this one having completed the intricate seals.

"Illusion·Hell Viewing Jutsu!"

As the Genjutsu unfolded, Kushina, initially revealing a mix of embarrassment and panic at falling for the Clone Jutsu, suddenly stiffened. The illusion robbed her of control over her forward momentum, causing her to tumble to the ground.

Observing Kushina sprawled on the ground, Tatsuma refrained from impulsive actions. Instead, he took two measured steps backward, swiftly conjuring seals once again with both hands.

"Ninja Art! Needle Jizo!"

As the seals seamlessly came together, a strand of hair rapidly sprouted from Tatsuma's head. Guided by the precise transformation of Chakra, it elongated and thrust towards the fallen Kushina.

"Sizzle~"

The hair penetrated the ground, but Kushina's original position had already shifted. Unperturbed, Tatsuma calmly retracted his hair. His brows furrowed instantly, sensing something amiss. With swift reflexes, he turned and deftly blocked with his bent arm.

"Boom!"

A subdued impact resonated through the air. The Kushina, supposedly ensnared in the Genjutsu, had materialized at Tatsuma's side. Swiftly, she delivered a side kick that connected with Tatsuma's arms.

"What a formidable power."

Creating a rapid distance between them, Tatsuma had to shake his hand, alleviating the impact.

Although Kushina had successfully liberated herself from the Genjutsu's grasp, her Chakra now exhibited signs of disorder. It was apparent that breaking free from the illusion had taken a toll.

Had it not been for the tumultuous state of Kushina's Chakra, Tatsuma might have struggled to withstand the force of that recent kick.

Both of them entered a brief moment of respite. Not far away, Sarutobi Atoma, observing the unfolding battle, wore an unusually serious expression. He hadn't anticipated that the clash between the two students would challenge his ability to keep pace with their movements.