Chapter 81: Declaring War

"Hiruzen, are you sure you want to do this?"

In the Senju Clan headquarters, facing Sarutobi Hiruzen who came to discuss, Mito sighed and asked.

Sarutobi Hiruzen nodded and said, "Hidden Sand Village has violated the rules. If I, as the Hokage, don't respond forcefully, where is the dignity of Konoha? Moreover, if I am unwilling to go to war, the various ninja clans in the village, led by the Hyuga, may become disloyal to the village because of this matter. This battle must be fought by Konoha, and Konoha must decide when it begins and when it ends!"

"What about manpower? The people led by Tsunade and Orochimaru can't support a war."

Mito asked again, and Sarutobi Hiruzen did not hesitate, saying, "Rima and Shima have have asked me to fight, and Hyuga Itsuki is also willing to lead his clan to the battlefield."

Furthermore, young Jonin such as Kunugi Mokume, Shinku Yuhi, Umino Ikkaku, and others expressed their immediate support for the village's decision. Danzo also dispatched Root ninjas to begin covert and infiltration missions.

"If the Hidden Sand Village Kazekage insists on participating in the war, then I am also willing to go to the battlefield."

Upon hearing the names mentioned by Sarutobi Hiruzen, Mito weakly closed her eyes, especially at the mention of the first two names, as they represented the remaining elite members of the Senju Clan.

The origin of this battle is from the Land of Whirlpool, and the pre-war commander is Tsunade. The Senju clan is probably eager to go to the battlefield, but the battlefield is never a gentle place...

"If this is your decision, then I will support it," Mito finally agreed. Her gaze passed over the spirited Sarutobi Hiruzen and looked outside, saying, "This village is the legacy left by Hashirama and Tobirama for everyone. You must cherish it as well."

Sarutobi Hiruzen didn't fully understand Mito's meaning, but he nodded solemnly and said, "I will, Mito-sama."

"Alright, go ahead. I won't intervene. If anyone disagrees, let them come to me."

Mito waved her hand, unwilling to continue the conversation. Sarutobi Hiruzen bowed to Mito, then slowly exited the hall. He transformed into smoke and disappeared only after leaving the hall.

In the Hokage's building, inside a meeting room, village clan leaders, some elite members of the village, and Hokage advisors were present. Sarutobi Hiruzen, sitting in the main seat, suddenly closed his eyes. The ongoing discussions halted, and after a while, Sarutobi Hiruzen opened his eyes, stood up, and said:

"There's no need to discuss whether to declare war. Let's talk about how to face Hidden Sand Village in battle!"

Upon hearing Sarutobi Hiruzen's words, those who were initially against it instantly furrowed their brows. Just a while ago, Sarutobi Hiruzen seemed open-minded, willing to listen to their opinions. But in this short time, Sarutobi Hiruzen had decided to declare war, not after considering both sides' opinions but directly choosing to go to war with Hidden Sand Village.

This means that Sarutobi Hiruzen has obtained the trump card to gain the consent of various clans to go to war, and the only person in the village who can play a crucial role is none other than the wife of the First Hokage, the Jinchuriki of the Nine-Tails, Mito.

For a moment, those who held opposing views didn't know how to express themselves. Utatane Koharu and Mitokado Homura exchanged glances, both sensing awkwardness on each other's faces.

Although they, as Hokage advisors, should logically support Sarutobi Hiruzen, they were opposed to initiating a war. On the other hand, Shimura Danzo, who had a history of conflicting with Sarutobi Hiruzen, firmly expressed his desire to go to war and had already made it clear that he would dispatch Root ninjas to Hidden Sand Village without prior consultation.

Sarutobi Hiruzen, observing those who had just refused to go to war and were now silent, didn't intentionally provoke them. Instead, he turned to the head of the Hyuga Clan, Hyuga Itsuki, and said:

"Itsuki, this time I hope you can personally lead the Hyuga Clan's team to support. Is that acceptable?"

Hyuga Itsuki directly accepted the order and said, "Hokage-sama, for granting us the opportunity to seek revenge for our fellow clansmen on the battlefield, I am deeply grateful. The Hyuga Clan will surely give our all."

Sarutobi Hiruzen nodded in satisfaction and turned his gaze to Rima and Shima, who, although present as individual ninjas, were enough to represent the Senju Clan. He said, "Rima, Shima, the front lines will face the greatest pressure. Before you depart, prepare a list. The more people you have, the better. Make sure the front line remains secure."

"Yes, Hokage-sama!" x2

The two nodded excitedly. Sarutobi Hiruzen then looked at the Ino-Shika-Cho trio and said, "Shikato, you are responsible for drafting the declaration of war and coordinating logistics to ensure the front line is worry-free."

"Yes, Hokage-sama."

Shikato Nara already had a rough draft in mind; he just needed to refine it a bit when he got back. Writing a war declaration was a simple task—occupy the moral high ground, then condemn Hidden Sand Village.

Subsequently, to express anger towards the actions of Hidden Sand Village for the sake of the shinobi world and peace, a resolution was made to prevent their actions through war. Finally, there was an appeal to Hidden Sand Village to reconsider their path and surrender early.

However, Sarutobi Hiruzen seemed to be aware that this task was too simple for him. Therefore, he assigned him the role of logistics supervisor, a task not easily solved by just wielding a pen.

At that moment, Shikato Nara suddenly wished for his son, who was still in school, to excel quickly and take over his position.

While Shikato Nara's thoughts were wandering, Sarutobi Hiruzen had already made arrangements. Then, He suppressed his fluctuating emotions and asked, "Any further questions, everyone?"

As he spoke, he subtly signaled to Shikato Nara. Shikato Nara quickly snapped back to attention and said, "Hokage-sama, there's a minor issue regarding logistics supplies."

"Go on."

Sarutobi Hiruzen waved his hand, and Shikato Nara nodded, saying, "In recent years, due to the coveting of the Land of Whirlpools by the Lightning, Earth, Water, and Wind nations, as well as various inhumane actions, not only has the Land of Whirlpools been annihilated, but also..."

Speaking of this, Shikato Nara shook his head slightly, expressing some distress as he said, "It has also affected the overall business operations of the entire shinobi world. In recent years, the prices of a large number of goods and raw materials have risen significantly.

From grains, oil, and noodles to coal, iron, and other minerals, the prices have increased much more than before. With the village's military funds, facing a war against the Wind Nation, it's a bit insufficient."

After hearing Shikato Nara's explanation, Sarutobi Hiruzen furrowed his brow. He lightly tapped his finger on the desk, then spoke solemnly,

"I will personally petition the Daimyo to request an increase in war funding, but this will take some time. How about this?

In the name of the Sarutobi Clan head, I will donate thirty million ryo to the village and use it to secure the first batch of logistical supplies. We cannot delay the war."

With these words, the clan leaders of the shinobi clans looked at each other, especially those who were not explicitly mentioned earlier.

Their faces were particularly awkward at this moment because Sarutobi Hiruzen's attitude seemed to be either contribute you man power or contribute your money; they had to choose one.

Just as most clan leaders were silently planning to feign ignorance and pass through the situation, a middle-aged person with flowing black hair suddenly slammed the table and declared,

"I, from the Uchiha Clan, also donate thirty million ryo and send our elite members to participate in the war. We are willing to share the burden for the village!"

----

Check out my Patreon for more advanced chapters up to 50 at patreon.com/HellGolt