Chapter 60: I Never Cross Dress

"Minato, why are your eyes bruised? Who did this? I'll avenge you!"

The next day, nearing eight o'clock, Jiraiya looked at Minato with a black eye and cotton stuffed in his nose, expressing righteous indignation.

Even with a gentle personality like Minato's, upon hearing Jiraiya's words, he couldn't muster a smile. He even subtly rolled his eyes at this unreliable Jonin leading the team.

Jiraiya paid his reaction no mind, lowering his body and leaning towards Minato's ear, eagerly asking, "What about Tatsuma? Did he also get a good beating?"

At these words, the distress on Minato's face became more apparent. Seeing Minato's expression, Jiraiya was somewhat puzzled. Before he could inquire further, Tatsuma's lively voice came over.

"Good morning, Jiraiya-sensei, Minato!"

Jiraiya looked in the direction of the voice and found Tatsuma completely unharmed. He had even taken the time to tidy up his hair today, making his naturally curly hair look less menacing.

"Did you not get beaten up yesterday?"

Jiraiya directly voiced his doubts, and Tatsuma straightened his posture, saying, "Ahaha, I'm a man with good virtues and only follow the right path. Why would I get beaten?"

"You're lying!" Minato said with a sense of grievance. "Yesterday, you transformed into a woman in a bathrobe. I was distracted, and you infiltrated among those who beat me up! I even feel like you took advantage of the opportunity and were the one who caused my injuries."

"Minato Namikaze! Don't make baseless accusations. When did I, Sakamoto Tatsuma, turn into a woman?!" Tatsuma declared indignantly, while Jiraiya wore a skeptical expression and said, "Ahem, I believe Minato. Tatsuma, turning into a woman is just turning into a woman. Ninjas do these things normally."

"It wasn't me; I didn't do it. Don't talk nonsense!"

After denying the embarassing accusations which were in fact true, Tatsuma abruptly changed the subject, saying, "Jiraiya sensei, what's the training agenda for today?"

Jiraiya glanced at Tatsuma, whose face turned red with embarrassment, without dwelling on it. Instead, he looked towards the Senju Clan's territory and said, "Next, Tsunade will take you charge of you for a while."

"I need to plan the next stage of your training. It's about time to teach you other Chakra attributes and some advanced Ninjutsu."

"Does that include Shadow Clone Jutsu?" Tatsuma asked excitedly. Jiraiya nodded and said, "Yes, I can teach you that technique, but you must not abuse it. During this period, follow Tsunade to learn some basic Medical Ninjutsu, and as promised by Lady Mito last time, she will teach you two Sealing Jutsu. Pay attention and learn well. If you miss this opportunity, you will regret it in the future. There's no one as good as her in Sealing Jutsu"

Tatsuma nodded and was about to ask another question when Jiraiya interrupted, "Hmph, you little rascal." Jiraiya tousled Tatsuma's head, messing up the carefully arranged curls. He then took out two scrolls and said, "Shadow Clone Jutsu, I've prepared the scrolls for you."

"It won't be long before I won't have as much time to supervise your training every day. You two youngsters need to become more reliable."

Tatsuma and Minato both nodded with a serious attitude. It was not easy for a Jonin, especially one in a rapid ascent phase like Jiraiya, to set aside all tasks and lead them for almost half a year.

The village wouldn't let Jiraiya stay idle. Only A-rank or even S-rank missions would fully utilize Jiraiya's capabilities. Perhaps they would have to wait for a break in Jiraiya's missions to find time for further training.