Chapter 83: Orochimaru's Wisdom

"Finally willing to let him onto the battlefield?" In the temporary camp of Konoha in the Land of Rivers, Orochimaru looked at Tatsuma, who had been brought over by Tsunade, with an expression of doubt on his face.

Tsunade nodded and said, "He said he's ready."

"It does seem like he's prepared."

Orochimaru examined Tatsuma for a moment before he nodded. Now Tatsuma indeed looked different, at least with a bit of a ninja's appearance.

Tatsuma felt a bit uneasy under Orochimaru's gaze. Although he knew from Jiraiya, Tsunade, and his own observations that the current "Snake Uncle" had not started any human modification experiments, he was still a normal ninja plus scientist, at least for now.

However, once stereotypes are formed, they are hard to shake off. Tatsuma wanted to find an excuse to leave. Just as he was about to ask Tsunade about his accommodation, Orochimaru turned to Tsunade and spoke:

"The decision from the village has come in, declaring a full-scale war against the Wind Country. Since you were absent, I've already sent someone to the Hidden Sand Village's camp to declare war," Orochimaru said.

Tsunade nodded, showing no signs of displeasure on her face. After all, she genuinely didn't mind others taking over her command authority, and she even wished someone else would do all the work for her.

However, after some thought, Tsunade asked, "How many reinforcements will the village send?"

"More than half of the Hyuga Clan's ninja, led by the Hyuga brothers, Itsuki and Ketsu. Your two uncles also brought a considerable number of clan members."

"There aren't many clan members left," Tsunade waved her hand dismissively, seemingly unconcerned, but her brow slightly furrowed. Orochimaru continued, "Kunugi Mokume Senpai, Shinku Yuhi Senpai, and Umino Ikkaku Senpai are also leading Jonin teams for support. The Root has deployed numerous ninja and has already begun infiltration operations. Sensei has also applied to the Daimyo to recall ninja stationed in various locations, focusing on reinforcing the borders—firstly to support the situation here and secondly to guard against invasions from other countries during the chaos."

"By the way, there's also the Uchiha Clan. Uchiha Fugaku is in charge of escorting the war preparations this time. Sensei's intention is to not prevent them from joining the battle," Orochimaru explained.

"Uchiha," at the mention of this surname, Tsunade's face displayed a disdainful expression inherited from being a member of the Senju clan. She waved her hand and asked, "How many of them have come in total?"

"The first batch of reinforcements is about 1,500. Including those previously stationed here and the ones we brought, there are around 2,800 ninja in total," Orochimaru explained. Tsunade expressed dissatisfaction, saying, "What is sensei thinking? Trying to contend with the entire Hidden Sand Village with just 2,000 ninja?"

"It's 2,800, and we do have the Hyuga Clan and Senju after all."

"Hmm?"

Tsunade's dissatisfied gaze shifted, and Orochimaru shrugged, saying, "The ones joining the battle are all elites. Sensei has also sent a warning letter to the Kazekage, advising him against joining the battle or he will join as well. If the battlefield is in the Land of Rivers, we can actually hold our own, considering they are not familiar with jungle warfare, and Puppet Jutsu will be severely restricted in the jungle."

"If the Kazekage doesn't join the battle, our only difficulty lies in Chiyo's poison. As long as Chiyo's poison doesn't become widespread, we can stretch the front line and use our expertise in jungle warfare to break through Hidden Sand Village's forces."