Chapter 129: Before A Prank, One Must Be Prepared For The Consequences

"Yesterday, sensei taught me the technique of One Handed Seals. I asked him about it, and he said he could teach you too. After all, the traditional seal methods are too rigid for battling the warriors of the Land of Iron."

At the entrance of Konoha Village, two boys with dark circles under their eyes were waiting for their sensei. Although Minato looked a bit weak, it was evident that last night wasn't just about staying up late; he must have also expended a lot of physical energy in training.

However, his spirits were high. After speaking, he looked at Tatsuma, who seemed dispirited, constantly picking at his nail with a tissue, wanting to ask something but apparently finding it difficult to broach the subject.

After all, he had just mentioned that he had learned something that he could teach Tatsuma. If he were to ask Tatsuma directly, wouldn't it seem like he also wanted to learn what Tatsuma had practiced last night?

Minato was just curious about what Tatsuma, who also seemed to have stayed up all night, had learned. After all, when he asked his own sensei yesterday, his sensei remained secretive, only saying that Tatsuma's gains would be plentiful.

Tatsuma yawned, then wiped away the tears that had been stimulated at the corners of his eyes, and weakly said, "Last night..."

After enduring Minato's increasingly curious gaze, Tatsuma finally said, "I spent the whole nigh taking a bath"

Noticing Minato's increasingly strange expression, Tatsuma sighed and said, "I'm not joking. Sensei played a prank on me yesterday. I had to spend the whole night bathing just to be presentable.

As for studying, I did have plenty of options, but I didn't have time to study last night at all. However, I brought the scrolls with me. One is notes on simplifying Water Release seals, and the other is insights on defending and countering Fire Release."

With that, Tatsuma took out a scroll and tossed it to Minato, saying, "You start learning from this scroll on the way. I'll study the simplification of Water Release seals first."

Minato took the scroll, intending to take a look while Jiraiya and the others were getting the village permit. However, as soon as his hand touched the edge of the scroll, he noticed that Tatsuma's expression was very odd.

Having known Tatsuma for several years, Minato knew him too well. He immediately sensed something was amiss, especially with Tatsuma's recent revelation about Tsunade's prank and spending the whole night bathing.

Suddenly, Minato grinned, displaying an extremely warm smile, warmer than the early spring morning sunlight. However, he turned the scroll towards Tatsuma and opened it.

"Bang!"

"Damn it! Are you kidding me?!"

Tatsuma was surprised that Minato, with his prominent features, could also prank like him. In an instant, the fatigue from staying up all night faded away, and his brain started to work at high speed.

A simplified seal for Water Release, which he had only had time to test before leaving this morning, immediately surged forth. His right hand formed a cupped palm, while his left thumb pressed down on the right hand, forming the first unique seal.

At the same time, the scroll in Minato's hand, enchanted with a Sealing Jutsu, burst into a large blob of fluorescent dye, rushing towards Tatsuma along with a wave of air.

Tatsuma seized the moment, crossing his fingers in front of his chest. In an instant, the morning mist that hadn't yet dispersed gathered towards Tatsuma. The first drop of water transformed from the mist, and soon droplets of water began to swirl around Tatsuma.