Chapter 140: First Mission As Chunin

In the Hokage's office, Tatsuma and Minato, who were specifically instructed to wear dark single-layered garments, received their Chunin certificates and vests. They put on the smallest-sized vests, which fit them quite well.

Tatsuma removed the forehead protector from his left arm and placed it on his head. The curvature of the protector was a bit awkward, but considering they would be taking photos for records later, they had to make do with it for now.

After adjusting, Tatsuma moved his body a bit. The vests, crafted after countless generations of Ninjas' experiences, didn't restrict movement. The various pockets on the vest also proved to be very convenient for combat.

There were even several slots reserved for small and medium-sized scrolls. The vest was slightly heavy and rigid, likely lined with some armor. The high collars on both sides covered the neck and the back.

Tatsuma quickly adapted to the vest and then looked at Minato, who was absentmindedly rubbing his vest with a silly smile on his face, and said with a smile, "If the village produces Chunin who are even younger than us in the future, this vest might be too big."

They both wore the smallest size, fitting snugly with a gap of two or three fingers at the chest. If they were any thinner, the vests would be too big. Minato, upon hearing this, just nodded. He hadn't really heard what Tatsuma said; he was still immersed in the joy of wearing the vest freely.

The female ninja who distributed their supplies smiled and said, "To be promoted to Chunin at the age of ten is already impressive enough. I haven't seen Chunin younger than you two. However, if there really are children with such high talent, the village will customize vests for them."

After saying this, the female ninja took out a list and handed it to Tatsuma, saying, "This is the list of supplies that Chunin can apply for. Besides the two sets of daily vests, two sets of lining, two sets of winter inner wear, and four pairs of footwear, let me know if you need anything else."

After being promoted to Chunin, in a sense, they didn't need to spend money on clothing anymore because Chunin hadn't truly achieved the freedom to choose their attire. When performing missions unless necessary, they had to wear the designated Chunin vest.

The inner lining is somewhat casual, but most Chunin would still choose the deep blue or black linings distributed by Konoha. After all, they are of good quality, comfortable to wear, and cost nothing.

Upon being awarded the title of Special Jonin or Jonin, they gain true freedom in clothing. They only need to wear the leaf Ninja forehead protector. Of course, they can also choose to wear uniforms or apply for custom uniforms that suit them better, both of which are also free.

Moreover, after the uniforms and protective gear provided by the village are damaged, replacements can be requested. Depending on the extent of the damage, the village may choose to recycle or issue new ones, especially if they are damaged beyond repair.

The list Tatsuma holds now is precisely the items Chunin can apply for free. The variety exceeds Tatsuma's expectations; there are several types of gloves alone.

There are smooth isolation gloves more suitable for medical ninjas or those skilled in poisons, half-finger gloves for combat, or gloves with backstrap armor.

In addition, there are optional armors, although some options have been crossed out, leaving only wartime armors, similar to the ones worn by the Sannin during their famous battles.

As for the overlapping armor and the new-style overlapping armor, they have all been crossed out, presumably because they are outdated and unreasonable in design, and have been phased out.