Chapter 124: Devine Mind

Tatsuma chose "Devine Mind," and the effect it brought wasn't just about understanding how to use his body to absorb impact. Or rather, it didn't even require much thought—his body would react instinctively the moment it touched the ground.

The effect of "Devine Mind" was evident in that extremely short moment; he thought of several ways and simultaneously weighed the pros and cons of each.

He actively chose to roll to absorb the impact, and the angle at which his shoulder touched the ground was calculated by him. After rolling to get up, his still unhealed left shoulder didn't even bleed from the force.

This was something he couldn't achieve solely through instinct. Perhaps instinctively, he would have made the same rolling movement to absorb the impact, but his left shoulder might not have been spared from the force, risking secondary injury. His neck and head might have been affected to some extent, and there would likely have been more mud stains on his body.

After some thought, Tatsuma optimized his instinctive actions. This kind of thinking speed, which surpassed instinctive reactions, was something Tatsuma had never experienced before, and he felt great about it.

"Why do you have to be so cool even when falling?" Jiraiya, supporting Tatsuma, grumbled discontentedly. As an onlooker, Jiraiya even felt a sense of admiration for Tatsuma's ability to make even falling look graceful.

This elegance made Jiraiya somewhat jealous. Hearing Jiraiya's words, Tatsuma turned his head, looking quite serious. "Jiraiya-sensei, is there a possibility that it's because I'm really handsome?"

Tatsuma's profile as he turned his head made some of the older Ninjas in the team behind him pause for a moment. His hair color, his eyes, and that feeling of orchestrating everything from behind the scenes...

"He really resembles Second Hokage-sama. No wonder the Sand Ninjas gave this kid that nickname," remarked a middle-aged Ninja from the Inuzuka Clan. Even though the boy in front of him was talking nonsense, he exuded the same commanding presence as Second Hokage-sama when issuing important orders in the past.

Tsunade and Orochimaru's faces turned dark. They knew that the nickname Tatsuma had regarding Second Hokage wasn't flattering; this kid didn't have a single nickname that was positive.

Although Jiraiya didn't know the details of the previous battle, he couldn't stand Tatsuma's showy appearance. He hobbled over to Tatsuma and, with his heavy hand, ruffled Tatsuma's hair messily.

At this moment, the group walked out of the encirclement of Rain Ninjas. Though there were still Rain Ninjas watching from afar, everyone's mood relaxed.

Orochimaru looked around and addressed the people who had come to rescue them. "Everyone, I deeply appreciate your coming to our rescue."

Upon hearing this, the Konoha Ninjas around quickly waved their hands, saying it was the village's arrangement and that comrades should help each other. Orochimaru nodded and continued, "But this matter is not yet settled. We need to leave the Land of Rain as soon as possible and report back to the village. Those responsible for communication, please make sure to report everything accurately."

When it came to business, the relaxed expressions of the people around tightened once again. There were no more polite words. The Ninja responsible for communication exchanged ideas continuously, discussing how to report back to the village efficiently, accurately, and completely.

Seeing that they all understood the importance of the situation, Orochimaru didn't offer any further instructions. Instead, he looked at Tatsuma, who was busy untangling his hair with his fingers, and began to speak.